Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ladies Only- Will Smith or Denzel?

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 4, 12 at 19:01

I just read a review of "Flight" the latest Denzel Washington movie. The reviewer really liked the movie, said its' plot is very complex and the Denzel Washington character is flawed but beautifully played by DW, and he should get an Oscar nomination. This brought up a discussion between me and my best gal pal Sue. Who do you like better? Will Smith or Denzel Washington?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ladies Only- Will Smith or Denzel?

Denzel Washington!

o

Denzel Washington.

o

Lets just say that Smith has not yet lived up to his potential. :-) He hasn't been offered many of the meaty, memorable roles that Washington has. But I have seen some brilliance. I think that, as he matures, he's only going to rise to the top.

Right now? If Denzel Washington is in a movie, I'll watch it. He's mesmerizing, gorgeous, sexy, smoldering.

o

We only have two choices? Actually...yes, in this category, we do. That's too bad! Ok so I choose Denzel. However, I wish he would expand his characters to someone who isn't so serious all the time. Crack a charismatic smile once in a while! ;)

o

Well, it if is personally, I would rather have dinner
with WILL SMITH..

If you are asking about who we think is the better actor,
I think it's a draw.

o

I'd go to dinner with either one - they are both superb actors.

o

Denzel!! ***swoon***

o

wow...really totally different actors, although smith has been able to cross over into drama, where denzel hasn't crossed into comedy very often...still. 50/50 for me...

o

Denzel, baby!

I'm planning to go see his new movie tomorrow. But it was a rough decision: Denzel or Liam Neeson in "Taken 2" -- oh if all my choices were like that!

Amy and Susan: If you want to see the smiley/lighter side of Denzel, you should catch him on David Letterman some night! He can be very, very funny! Maybe there's a clip of him on Letterman on YouTube. He also smiles once or twice in "Unstoppable" -- mostly serious, but I'm sure I caught a smile!

o

Denzel always and forever;) I love Will Smith but have to stay true to my main man;)

o

I'm really picky about movies and don't usually watch the type of movie that either of them are in, however, I think they are both ok actors. Seems like they both play the same roles all the time though.

o

I try to never miss a Denzel movie, but I like Will in many ways.

o

I want to say Will because he is a Philadelphian, but let's face it, Denzel is hawt.

o

I enjoy both of them

o

Denzel all the way.

o

Denzel - no question about it! Will Smith does absolutely nothing for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here