Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Admit it. Have you been sampling?

Posted by adellabedella (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 18:15

One of my friends told me that last year she bought a fully cooked deep fried turkey home the day before Thanksgiving. She turned it upside down so she could eat some of it without it being visible and then served it as a hole turkey the next day. Anyone have similar habits? Not my thing, but I thought it was funny.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Admit it. Have you been sampling?

I haven't really been sampling but then again, I haven't made the stuffing yet!

o

I made gingersnap ice cream sandwiches to go with my individual pumpkin custard.

Of course I sampled :o)

o

I never thought of doing that. Your friend is brilliant!

o

I've been sampling all day to make sure everything is seasoned right. So much so that dinner doesn't sound all that appealing! Adellabella, have you been sampling?

o

Well, I opened the bag of chips to go with the hummus and I've been eating them all afternoon. I'm not cooking so I'm not sampling -- yet.

o

Yep! DD2 gave birth to her new baby girl Monday evening, they came home today. I just finished cooking the full dinner to take to her house tomorrow. DH is carving the turkey as I type, and I'm about to go sample. We already had a bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy and called it dinner! LOL

o

I baked an apple pie and made my bread stuffing - being a good Mom, I wanted to sample these to make sure no one would get sick - I survived. I will most likely continue to sample these items until bedtime - just to be certain they are still good!!!

o

Lol! I'm not cooking this year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Orange Pumpkin Loaf

o

We call that "Poison control"!

o

LOL, KathyL! I'm still kickin', too. But, if you don't hear from me tomorrow......

o

I just made the orange cranberry sauce, and it had to be tasted to see if there was enough sugar in it. ;-) Then I added the orange juice and tasted that. Then a dash of cinnamon. Taste. Then the orange pulp and zest. Taste. Then the Madera wine. Taste.

I was surprised that I had any left over for tomorrow. It's so yummy when it's hot.

o

No I am not cooking any thing ahead of time, tomorrow is the day.

o

I cooked my turkey today, it's all off the bone, and I love that yummy
Crunchy skin! Been tasting stuff all day!

o

Hi Adella Bedella,

" ... and served it as a hole turkey the next day ...", huh?

I think that you're right - it did have a "hole" in it!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

ole joyful

o

Yeah I noticed the "hole" after I posted. No edit buttons on here. My proof reading doesn't always work.

o

Not tonight. DD is cooking, and I am doing dessert. I haven't started yet! Guess I will be starting early and not watching the parade.

Tami

o

I have cooked only the pumpkin bread and the cranberry sauce. Like Ravin, I will be doing all the rest of the cooking tomorrow. My sister will bring the dessert, salad and vegetables, and my new DIL will bring her rolls. I will stuff and roast the turkey and also prepare sweet potatoes and twice baked potatoes, corn pudding, mincemeat peaches, mulled cider and a couple of other things. I will be pooped tomorrow night and ache all over.

o

I baked pumpkin bread this evening to take to my cousin's tomorrow. I made 3 loaves and have had 2 slices while the bread was still warm.

o

Sampling?! I bought mixed nuts in the shells last week and had to go back for more today because there weren't many left.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here