Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No Revenge or 666 tonight

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 18, 12 at 18:14

The 40th Anniversary American Music Awards
LIVE

Musical acts are honored at the annual ceremony; scheduled performers include Carrie Underwood, P!nk, Pitbull, Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, Linkin Park, Christina Aguilera, Ke$ha, No Doubt and Usher.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No Revenge or 666 tonight

Irecognize Taylor Swift,
Who are the others?

o

666 is on the list of shows that are getting the ax.

o

I really like Pink. She is different and very talented.

I am watching the first episode of The Dust Bowl on PBS. In fact, it's starting right now.

o

I forgot it was AMA night and so am only now taping it...to watch later so I can skim through the parts I don't care for (singers I don't know or like) and commercials.

o

I recorded AMA and skimmed thru it. Barely knew any of the artists. I miss the old music from the 60's - 80's. I did catch part of the Dust Bowl on PBS. It was wonderful. What a disaster that was.

o

Dust Bowl was so entertaining and interesting. I loved the interviews with people who were children at the time and remembered living through it. What a nightmare and to think it was man made by poor farming techniques and greed. I knew about the Dust Bowl from reading The Grapes of Wrath, but I thought it was a natural disaster. I highly recommend this show. Part two is on tonight but I'm sure PBS will be rerunning it, as they always do.

o

Those music award shows are certainly not my cup of tea! Not my style of music at all.

I watched The Dust Bowl also and had seen another similar show on either History or Discover a few years ago. Also, for those who enjoyed it, may I recommend a book called The Worst Time, by Tim Egan. He was the young man that was also interviewed in last night's program. It's an excellent book, with passages about some of the same people interviewed on the Burns program, with memories from when they were children going through this.

I too had thought this was a natural disaster until I had read more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here