Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gift that says "relax"

Posted by juellie1962 (jellis62@wi.rr.com) on
Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 17:54

I was planning on giving a friend a garden stake that is metal, has a glass bulb on it and a little metal sign welded on that says "relax". Well, of course they are no longer available at the store I saw them just a few weeks ago.

I don't want to give her a spa basket, gift card for massage or anything like that. Does anyone know of any signs (hopefully yard art) or anything that says "relax" (this is what she needs to do badly!).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gift that says "relax"

Try googling "relax" for any images. I googled "Breathe"--something that slows me down all the time--and found lots of sign possibilities in images. Like this one from etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62776361/just-breathe-sign

o
More

I googled "relax sign" and found a number of possibilities: for example, http://www.aw-nauticalgifts.com/beach-signs/661-wood-and-tin-relax-nautical-beach-sign.html. But what about making one yourself? It seems a homemade sign would be a great gift. . .and easy to do. The google images have lots of ideas.

o

Thanks Marita! We did consider making one; my dh is even a welder! But I have to present this gift this weekend and I procrastinated. :( No time to fabricate.
Thanks for the links!

o

How about a dry or artifical flower arrangment with some sort of scene with animals, (if she like them). Do you have a flower shop? Nursery? Hobby Lobby? also look in your newspaper for local small gift type shops. We have the Pride of Dakota products and they have some great soups, pancake mixes, cookies, candles etc all made in ND. Do you have anything like that where you live?

o

Thanks for the suggestions Marie. I found an etsy shop that has a metal "Relax" on a garden stake. Frustrating to buy because my dh is a welder....but at least I'm supporting small business'. Now, I just pray it makes it here by the time I need it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here