Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is In Front of Your Home.....

Posted by Marilyn_Sue (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 17:49

What is in front of your home, a street, a road, a trail or maybe just a path? I have a paved road.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is In Front of Your Home.....

Street.

o

A shed

o

This is what I look at when I look out my front door

o

A small paved neighborhood street with big trees that arch over the street, the temperature drops when you turn onto the street. I have several big trees in front of the house.

o

parking lot

o

a gravel street

o

A road with woods behind it.

o

Concrete driveway/parking area is in front of the house, then a flower bed and a hill that slopes down and away. Flagpole, satellite dish, giant oak trees, mimosa, lilacs. Just to the right of the house, the driveway is dirt and gravel and runs about 1/3 of a mile thru the woods, with a hill and several curves, to the hwy and our mailbox. It's a 2 lane highway at the end of our drive.

o

A dirt road, with my barn and shed across it.

o

We're on a corner, so a paved street both front and side.

o

Houses houses and more houses and a busy street. In Arkansas is was trees trees and more trees...god I miss that place so much!

o

A long oyster shell driveway...put in eons ago when they still dredged shell for roads and driveways, and then a paved county road but it dead ends at my gate. Several years ago the county widened the road....it was about as wide as a Model T, and spent about six months working on it. It was a horrible mess. I liked it better the way it was. Then they striped it. And now the sides have settled and broken off and grass is growing on it, and once again it is getting narrow. I presume they will come tear it all up again. I'd just as soon they left it like it is. The original road didn't crack like this crowned up thing they replaced it with.

o

A pretty cul de sac with pine trees on it.

o

We live on a cul de sac, so we have a street with houses.

o

Corner lot, so streets on two sides. A restaurant is across the street from me.

o

cul de sac

o

Mine is a street! Paved, oh, and I have a paved sidewalk too.

Moni

o

A big hayfield.

Pooh Bear

Here is a link that might be useful: Pooh Corner

o

A large wood deck, edged with azaleas, rhododendrons, etc. then a large sloping lawn with a huge old Maple tree in the center, and finally, a curb and paved street.

House is on a corner lot, and from the deck, we can look straight down the side street where there are geeese and cows grazing behind a rusting fence,(and sometimes the cows get through the fence and meander down the busy suburban street).

o

A street, but you can barely see it from the house.

o

A paved country road and a field with horses in it on the other side.

o

One of the main county roads, paved, going along the edge of town, and we look directly out to see big grain bins and Dakota Pea Plant with certified scales to weigh many fracking trucks. Never hear them in the house, and the drivers are great. Of course when they leave they have about 80,000 pounds of fracking sand!
Never hear them at night either.

o

My lawn and then a (currently) muddy road!

o

I live on the corner so a wide street in front and a narrower one on the side.

o

A paved road, I live in a typical city subdivision.

o

At the end of my front lawn is a paved street with other houses across the street.
Joann

o

A busy two lane state road.

o

I live on the fourth floor of an apt. building. All I can see is rooftops, tree tops and a cnurch steeple. I hope this picture doesn't come up sideways. For some reason every picture I take on my Iphone comes out that way.

o

Corn fields. Most of living is done in the back of the house though and in the summer the view is the deck with many planters filled with flowers and herbs and the swimming pool, in the winter it's about 2 acres of land with the back edge filled with black walnut trees. We see the black walnuts in the summer as well. We just don't go back there because of the ticks and snakes. Theres a marsh behind our property.

o

Paved street. I'm also on a corner lot and the other street is also paved. Lots of green trees and grass.

o

Another corner lot dweller here. So, my lawn, a sidewalk, a strip of grass and then a paved street on two sides.

I love seeing the pictures shared here. My view is very ordinary.

o

There is a Japanese maple in front of my kitchen window. Beyond is our bluestone gravel drive w/low yew hedge and six ornamental pears. Arbor vitae obscures most of the two-lane 'country' road lined with mature trees. The bridge over a small creek is far right. A century-plus American elm is far left. Across the street is our neighbor's six-foot euonymus-covered fence and their two-story white brick home and pool house. It feels more remote than it is from our town's market square and RR station. In good weather the ratio of cars to pedestrians and bicycle riders is about even.

o

A paved road, no curbs, then a canal, and an apple orchard on the other side of the canal...a nice view out my front window...very little traffic, as we live on a dead end street, lots of people walking...

o

I have a paved street with a sidewalk on my side of the street (gotta shovel after snows). My mailbox is on the opposite side of the street. In my town, all mailboxes are on one side of the street, a cost saving move by tghe postoffice. In my front yard, I have an ancient maple (4.5 ft diameter) whose top is starting to die, another younger maple, and 2 Colorado spruce trees.

o

I live on the bottom half, backside of a house. A yard with a huge drainage ditch, and on the other side of the yard, a really expensive (in my estimation) to attend school.

o

I have a paved street and concrete sidewalk. Across the street are lots of trees in the cemetery. It is very quiet. The joke is that people are dying to move into my neighborhood.

o

As of last year we have a dirt road on two sides of o ur corner lot. One in front was more like a goat trailuntil the widened it last year. We have a house accross the street, a wetlands and then a river.

o

Lawn, then a row of tall evergreens, then a field, which had soybeans in it till about a month ago and a paved road about 20 rods (over 300 feet) beyond that, with a woodlot of mature deciduous trees beyond the road.

ole joyful

o

Since everyone is telling about everything they see from the front of their house and not just the road, I shall tell what I see from my front door. Small grass yard then a stone drive that comes up from the garage and back door on the right side, it circles around and then a fairly long drive out to the road. There are trees of all sizes on each side of the drive. I live in a woods. Across the road is a mowed very large lawn and behind and to the side of that is a field, this year it was corn. I saw two deer today in the woods.

Sue

o

Besides my small yard, a street a small house and the ATV trail.

o

Open fields with roaming deer year 'round with a log cabin on the other side of the fields. The people who own the log cabin are Christmas tree farmers so I also have a lining of those across the way. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L when it snows!

o

Paved street, house across the street and an occasional deer or three wandering around at night.

o

Gravel road and lots of trees in a pasture.

o

paved street (40 mpr) with business at each end...(and a small freeway)

o

I live in the end of a cul de sac, so street, a smallish circle of grass in the center of the circle, then street and houses.

o

I live in the country 5 miles from a Texas town of 20 K people and here is my front driveway...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here