SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

Triciae - a question for you

mboston_gw
9 years ago

Triciae - I have been meaning to look through the past posts to find someone who has Sjogren's. I have not been diagnosed with it but it has been mentioned as a possibility since I have some of the early symptoms of it.

My question is if you are of age to have it - has it been suggested you get or avoid getting the shingles vaccine? My doctor has left it up to me but her comment was - "with the weird reactions you have to things, I can't say you should or shouldn't.

Most of my reactions are strange swelling of eyes, tongue and sores that come and go in my mouth. One or more will occur from time to time with no apparent reason. I have had all kinds of testing for allegric reactions and been through oral surgeons and ENT doctors when I have the sores in my mouth. I also developed Frozen Shoulders a number of years ago and have extremely dry eyes, mouth and skin.

My fear of getting the shingles shot is that I will break out with them but the fear of not getting it is even worse. I generally do not have issues with other vaccines making me sick.

Thanks for any input - one way or the other.

Mary

Comments (13)