Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Computer Calendar suggestions.

Posted by ivamae (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 19, 12 at 17:24

I presently have CreataCard gold. It gives me a calendar that shows birthdays, appointments, holidays, etc and I can set it to notify me quite a few days in advance if I wish. It also has a place to record postal addresses and email addresses. Under the addresses it lists the name of each family member and their birthdays, annivesaries etc. I run XP and it will work with it but is not satisfactory on Windows 7 or 8. There does not appear to be a newer version. Do you know of any that I can buy that would give me this same coverage. I really do want to update but with something that is equal in performance.

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Computer Calendar suggestions.

Why not just use the one built in your email client? They all do the same tasks you mentioned. I have one set up in my Gmail and in my hotmail. It can be set up to send you reminders at what ever interval you set.
There's also a lot of free programs that do the same thing no need to buy.

o

I don't like programs that are dependant upon email or text for reminders. I like a popup reminder and like to see a schedule at times. I use different programs but don't have one that keeps email and postal addresses although AM Notebook Lite is a free program that has a calendar and Contacts list in it. I use it for the notes program. The "lite" version is free and that's what I use. You might check that out. The "pro" version lets you get alerts ahead of time but you might want to try out the free version first to see if it would meet your needs.

Otherwise, you might try using the Windows Compatibility Wizard to see if it'll work under Windows 7.

Otherwise it's time to search for a new program. As ravencajun said, there's a lot of free programs out there which is good and bad. Good, that there's a lot of options and free, but bad that there are so many it's a lot of effort to find something that you like. What you're looking for is a "Personal Information Manager" or PIM. I've tried a bunch of programs but never found a single program that did everything to my satisfaction. I wound up using multiple programs to meet my needs and for me, that's fine.

o

Mine pops up as soon as the computer is on. I don't actually have to be online.

But it doesn't store addresses. It can be set up to remind you of your schedule daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.

It is free.

I have had it since 2005, and am very happy with it. I have it on my second computer now.

it's called elmusoft. I have the English version, even so I saw it first in German. I wanted my girls to be able to access it too. :)

Moni

Here is a link that might be useful: Moni's calendar

o

Hallmark has a program similar to Creatacard. I also went through this when I went to Windows 7, there is no creatacard program that is compatible with 64 bit, apparently.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here