Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Wednesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 17:19

Tomorrow's the "big" day and I'm geared and ready. Did all my prep work today so I can spend time visiting with my DD and her family. Only thing left is the mashed potatoes. Have the casseroles ready for the oven. Had to rearrange things. I really wanted to make rolls, but I practically tore the kitchen apart looking for the jar of yeast. Never did find it. But Harry went to the store for me and got some Sister Shubert's. God bless him for that! Plus, I ended up making my own pumpkin pie. (Bought the pie crust though.) Don't even ask me how many dishes I've washed, dried and used over again!! But it's done now and I'm totally into myself for getting it done :-)

The last thing I want to do tonight is cook dinner, but I found just enough leftover tuna casserole in the frig for us tonight. We'll have steamed broccoli with it. I'm not even hungry from having to taste things today.

What time of day do you eat T-giving? I'm aiming for 2:00 since the kids have to drive back home tomorrow. DD has to work Friday. Do most people have it in the afternoon or in the evening??

What are you having for dinner tonight, or are you saving yourself for tomorrow??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Wednesday?

Bee's son is coming for Caramel Apple Cocktails around 11:30 or twelve, and I'll put the shrimp in the oven. Lunch probably 12:30.

5 Guys, today, for a small bacon cheese burger and it was yumster.

o

When I did the dinner here, we usually had it about 4pm. We started it at that time when we had deer hunters in the family, and when that no longer applied, it was by then a habit. That way I didn't have to get up early to get the bird in the oven.

I had stuffed peppers and a slice of bread for my evening meal.

Shirley

o

I decided to finish up tomorrow's dinner prep instead of cleaning today. Will clean tomorrow. Like you, Patti, I spend half the time washing and reusing every bowl, pot and utensil....and like you, the last thing I feel like doing is cooking dinner tonight. We're having left over pork roast. DH is not that crazy about pork but too bad. We won't be eating Thanksgiving dinner until 6:00 because DS is driving here from Pittsburgh, Pa and he never leaves when he should. That gives me plenty of time to get my act together tomorrow. I'm having trouble typing this because I think I nicked every finger today. That's what happens when you don't stay focused and the knife is going too fast. One of the cuts came from reaching into a water-filled sink with some knives that DH had just sharpened for me. Happy Thanksgiving to you all and Raven, I hope you're feeling better now.

o

Glenda, I'm such a Five Guys fan! That sounds so good--what? No fries?? Have a great Thanksgiving with Bee's son. She would be so happy.

Shirley, I remember when my dad would go hunting on T-giving, too. I don't remember him bringing home anything edible, though!! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Georgysmom, thanks for the reminder to ask Harry to sharp the carving knife. I cleaned the house earlier in the week and threatened the plank if it doesn't stay that way! ;-)

Have a wonderfully good time tomorrow, y'all!

o

We go out to a nice restaurant--saves all that dashing, cleaning and prepping. I find TG is much less stressful that way.

We just went light tonight--bowls of chicken noodle soup and pumpernickel toast. Saving our appetites for the fesat!

o

Dinner tomorrow will be around 2, our friends are coming at 1:30 so when everything is ready we will eat.

Tonight we are having pizza from Papa Murphy's. Mike is on his way to get it now and I have the oven already preheated.

Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

o

I have wings in the oven, and some salad to go with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here