Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Saturday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 24, 12 at 17:17

I made a pot of turkey chowder earlier so I can just heat it up during today's college football marathon! Our FSU isn't doing so hot right now, but we've always been a second half team, so I still have hope.

What are you having for dinner tonight and, are you a college football fan? Never thought I'd like any kind of football, but I sure do now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Saturday?

We had our first snowfall of the year, so today was a beef roast with mashed potatoes and gravy and broccoli. Seems like a long time since we had one, and it was so good.

Nope, never watched a football game in my life.

o

Not really a football fan here but don't mind at all if others enjoy it. Shopping today! I only went to Joann's and to Hobby Lobby. We gals had lunch at Sirloin Stockade. My supper this evening was just hot tea and some crackers. It is 30 out side right now. We have seen just a few flakes, not much.

Sue in Central Indiana

o

White chili, per son's request.
salsa and chips

Plus he has eaten two pumpkin custards with ice cream, chips and dip, have frozen snacks when everything else runs out :o)

He insists on watching the AL game to the end even though there is no way Auburn can win and it's half time.

I'll maybe nap on a pillow in front of fire I have going.

o

DS went home today. I thought he'd stay until tomorrow but wanted to get home before the Steeler game. I was planning on spaghetti tonight but sent him home with a bag of sauce instead. I washed some windows and did some cleaning up around here as it gets a little messy when he comes and I have bridge here on Monday. DH will probably have a turkey sandwich because that's what he loves. I will have the full turkey dinner....what's left of it because I sent that home with DS, too.

o

I used the leftovers others gave me to make turkey and noodles, cracker dressing, and had peas as a vegetable.

I used to watch professional football a lot, but lost interest when they started doing a lot of selling out, changing names, etc. I never did watch college football.

Shirley

o

I made rye rolls from scratch to have with turkey dinner leftovers. :0) I need a few days off after fixing THAT BIG bird. :0)

o

You know how everyone makes soups or casseroles with leftovers?

I make pizza. Tonight's dinner was a whole wheat pizza crust, topped with a drained can of diced tomatoes, dotted with a little leftover mac and cheese, then with some ziti and sausage leftover from TG, topped with a couple of cups of mozzarella. It was absolutely delicious!

o

I made kasha (toasted buckwheat) tonight for the first time in years. I don't know what took me so long.....we always liked it when the kids were growing up. I used the recipe on the Wolff's Kasha box, using vegetable broth for the liquid and substituting a tablespoon of olive oil for the 2 tbsp. of butter called for in the recipe. It was very good! I served it (to myself) with Brussels sprouts.

o

Daughter and granddaughters were here from GA and requested a Hamburger Pizza. That is what we had Saturday night for supper. Very good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here