Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Tuesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 17:13

I have sloppy joes cooking, but hard to tell what time we'll eat. Frig is supposed to be delivered between 3-7, so I'm impatiently waiting for a phone call telling me they're on the way. We'll eat after. Since I'm donating the old frig I didn't have to empty it, although I did get rid of a lot of stuff. I'll just plug the old one into another outlet and deal with it tomorrow. Can't put the food in right away anyway.

Hope you've had a good day. What are you having for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Tuesday?

Our supper was baked fish, baked potato, garden salad, I had the rest of the cranberry salad, he will have angel food cake with strawberry sauce and bread and butter. Iced tea to drink.

Let us know how you like your new fridge Patti. Does it have two ice makers? I use a lot of ice around here and so that is handy for us.

Sue

o

Yummy lunch at Paw Paw Patch: chicken fried steak with white gravy, fried green crispy tomatoes, baby green limas, and Mexican cornbread.

Can't beat the price: $6.31 tx included

o

I meant to put the salisbury steak on a plate to heat for my meal but put another reuben meatloaf out instead. No biggie. I had that and some creamed corn. In place of a potato, I had a piece of homemade oat bread, still a little warm from the machine.

I hope you like your new refrigerator.

Shirley

o

Sue, I am a big fan of baked fish. I just put a little oil on it and shake on some Spike (no-salt flavoring). It's so good and so quick. Think I'll make a salad, too. Only one ice maker--we don't use that much and if we do need it, we buy a bag--very rarely though. What color do you have? I chose white, because it's what I prefer and what my other appliances are. Unlike me, it rarely goes out of style. :-)

Glenda, what a deal!! And it all sounds so good. You sure do know where to eat, gal!

Shirley, your dinner all sounds good, too. I need to get out my bread machine and get busy. I think I'd just eat a half a loaf of bread with melty butter on it :0 But, then, I am naughty! Thanks--I'm sure I'll like my new frig it it ever gets here!!!!

o

My new refrigerator is also white. All my appliances are white. I am not a fan of stainless or colors. When we moved here the range was harvest gold. When it went bad we bought a used one and it was a brown. I never liked either. Now I do think some colors are pretty though.

Sue

o

I have a big pot of chili on the stove simmering. We had a bit of a cold front move in and it feels like chili weather.

o

Nothing exciting for dinner, but I made a great recipe for lunch. I have a weekly lunch date with my daughter-in-law; I bring lunch to her house. Today I made a recipe I clipped from the USA Today Sunday insert some time ago: Salmon cakes made with canned salmon, water chestnuts, fresh whole wheat bread crumbs, scallions, eggs, and fresh cilantro. I don't even like cilantro, and I loved these!

I also made the sauce that goes with it: Greek yogurt, mayo, grated fresh ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce.

o

A new frig, exciting! I'd love one but this old one just keeps working and working.

We're having Papa Murphy's pizza tonight.

o

DH is in the Dominican Republic & I'm alone tonight, so tomato soup & a sandwich again.

o

I was going to make a nice spaghetti dinner tonight because I'm leaving tomorrow for an over night golf trip with some lady friends and I wanted leftovers for DH to eat tomorrow. However, DH decided he wanted to go to the movies and out to dinner. We saw Lincoln..Terrific...and went for Chinese. I ordered an extra dinner to make sure he had something to eat tomorrow night. How easy was that! I just might cook again before next year. LOL

o

Raven, can't go wrong with chili. I make mine a little different every time, but it's all good. Glad you're up and about, but rest when you feel like it!

Alisande, I don't know which sounds better--the salmon cakes or the sauce. Yum!

Oldgardener, mine is still working but it's old and I'm donating my old one to ease my conscience. :-)

Well, Miss Georgysmom, ain't you just the lucky one! LOL! Have a wonderful time with your friends and don't worry. Your DH sounds like he can fend for himself pretty well. So just go and enjoy!

Well, no new frig today. Waaaa! I didn't know the delivery gate closed at 6:00, so I need to call first thing in the morning to reschedule. To say I'm disappointed is putting it mildly. But, it is what it is. Have a great evening everyone.

o

Patti, we can both be disappointed. Got a call at 8:45 this morning that our dishwasher was not going to be delivered. Seems like one of the other sales people sold ours (had our name on it) to one of her customers and they had it installed last week. So ours is to be delivered to the store this evening and we will get a call as to when it can be installed.

We were in Tucson most of the day. We went to Costco and then picked up the motor home. It sure was nice to get to ride in it again.

Diner tonight was leftover enchiladas from last night. They were even better tonight.

o

Home made spaghetti and meatballs with a green salad and a glass of red wine. I will eat this at least three more times in the next week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here