Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Monday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 12 at 17:07

I'm making a big pot of soup for dinner. The recipe is called "Spinach Tomato Orzo" soup. I must say it smells so good in the kitchen I can hardly wait. I am adding some cooked chicken I had in the freezer. We'll have cheese toast with it. I had a loaf of uncut 7-grain Italian bread in the freezer so I cut some thick slices for the toast.

Haven't done a lick all day. :0

What are you having for dinner tonight.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Monday?

Cabbage, corned beef, (from a can), potatoes and carrots, soooo good!

o

Potluck luncheon was "out" today at newly opened Tony's Spaghetti House. 17 of us gals. I had Italian pizza, which I never eat pizza and it was excellent, but ate less than half as it was a 12" and way too much for one person.

Just made my rendition of wild rice and sausage casserole for another potluck luncheon, tomorrow.

o

One of Harry's favorite entrees.....tilapia. I had a baked potato and steamed some broccoli and cauliflower.

Shirley

o

I have been working all day so I just cooked myself some rice with milk, butter and sugar for supper. The new refrigerator is to be delivered tomorrow. Then I can have some better meals.

Sue

o

Shrimp Scampi w/garlic bread.
Ice cream cones for dessert.

o

Grilled chicken breast, baked beans and potato salad. I know....two starches, :o)) But it taste so good together!

Deb

o

Swiss steak (baked steak to some of you, I don't use tomato in mine) mashed potatoes,and squash. DH will probably have some macaroni salad also.

o

Bigack, I'm another fan of corned beef. We get them at Sam's and I slice the leftovers and freeze portions for other meals. I really think my favorite part is the carrots, though!

Glenda, both luncheons sound like a good time with good food.

Shirley, you are so right! Harry found tilapia on sale at Publix and I think he bought 2 lbs. :-) Well, it's fast, easy and tastes really good, so why not?

Sue, when we were kids, we would sometimes have rice with milk, sugar and nutmeg sprinkled on top. Tasted like rice pudding to me--so I was a happy kid!

Monica, waaa! I want an ice cream cone. And shrimp scampi. What kind of ice cream???

Deb, I never thought about that being two starches. But when I think of one, I think of the other. You're right, it's a good combination.

Tami, I've been hungry for Swiss steak. I haven't made it in so long. I think I used top round steak. When I was at home we had our own beef and the steak (whatever cut it was) was about two inches thick and mother would pound flour in it with the side of a plate a long time, then brown it, add some water to the pan, cover and cook for over an hour. The meat would fall apart and melt in your mouth. She made gravy from what was left in the pan. So, so good. Gotta have those mashed potatoes with it.

o

Patti - I buy Turkey Hill Ice Cream. It's a local brand, I don't know if it's available all over.
I have vanilla and DH has Coffee flavor.

o

Chicken and Dumplings!

o

Chicken and Dumplings!

o

Chicken and Dumplings!

o

Oh, Turkey Hill is my favorite, too. Best brand of ice cream! Friendly's is second. (at the moment I've got a half gallon of F's Butter Crunch in the freezer.

By the time we all got back from the surgery center and got DH into the house and to bed, I just nuked a container of mac and cheese with sun-dried tomatoes from the freezer and sliced up an apple--which we ate with caramel for dipping. It was quick comfort food, and we were hungry!

o

Patti, I use round steak, cubed. Mom always used round steak, and would cut the flour into it with a knife. Brown in butter, add onions, and I make my gravy then pour it into the pan with the meat, bake for an hour/hour and a half. I have to have mashed potatoes with it, and usually corn.

o

Everyone's supper sounds so good.

Deb

o

I had saurkraut with a bit of brown sugar sauteed with smoked sausage and (horrors) instant mashed potatoes. The instant potatoes have been in my pantry forever and I thought I'd give them a try and they were very good. A friend had told me this brand was good and wanted me to try them. I ate too much. Satine

o

We were going to have a roast with potatoes & carrots. DH called & said he didn't eat lunch & couldn't wait to eat until it cooked. He's going to stop & pick something up for dinner on his way home instead. I guess we'll have roast tomorrow night. At least all the prep is done, so it'll be super easy tomorrow night to just start the pressure cooker.

o

Oh, Turkey Hill is my favorite, too. Best brand of ice cream! Friendly's is second. (at the moment I've got a half gallon of F's Butter Crunch in the freezer.

By the time we all got back from the surgery center and got DH into the house and to bed, I just nuked a container of mac and cheese with sun-dried tomatoes from the freezer and sliced up an apple--which we ate with caramel for dipping. It was quick comfort food, and we were hungry!

o

I cooked kielbasa in the crockpot with cabbage, onions and a mixture of beer, vinegar, sugar and salt. Served it with mashed potatoes and green beans. Any green beans left over were eaten by Smokey and Dusty.

I made Glenda's chocolate sour cream cake for dessert.

o

Nita, let us you how you liked the cake, please!

o

Monica, I googled Turkey Hill, and they sell it at WD here. It's just outside our gate, so I will be sure to try it. I'd love a little coffee ice cream!

Angelaid, chicken and dumplings sound so good they deserve a triple post ;-) Hope you enjoyed!!

Thanks, Tami. One of these days, we're having Swiss steak--and lots of potatoes--haha!

Satine, I'd love the smoked sausage and mashed potatoes, but sauerkraut makes me shiver :-) Just never acquired a taste for it. Maybe I should try it with some brown sugar--that has to be better!

Kittiemom, I think you hit the jackpot tonight. DH bringing home dinner and tomorrow's dinner all ready to go! Nice work, girl!! Very sweet of your DH to bring dinner home.

o

Delicious Chicken Salad plate at Chick Fil A ith C noodle soup and fries. ate soup there and later the sandwich at home

o

Patti, I did hit the jackpot tonight. DH brought home a nice dinner & tomorrow night I just need to add broth & turn the pressure cooker on. This will make probably three meals for us so I'll be set for a couple of days.

o

Patti, I did hit the jackpot tonight. DH brought home a nice dinner & tomorrow night I just need to add broth & turn the pressure cooker on. This will make probably three meals for us so I'll be set for a couple of days.

o

DH ate leftover chicken fajitas and spanish rice. Girls were begging for their favorite, Breakfast for dinner, so I made waffles and turkey bacon for them. I had 2 eggs and bacon for me. Why is bacon so delicious?? LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here