Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Saturday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 12 at 17:06

Darn, it's about the sixth day in a row without any sunshine. We Floridian's aren't used to this! I sure could use a sun fix!

We're having leftover tuna casserole with bread and butter. Peasant meal--that makes us happy.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Saturday?

Baked fresh ham, green beans and some starch, yet to be determined.

o

I used to make a tuna loaf that everyone loved. I'd take leftovers for my lunch at school, and ate it cold.

Beautiful day here, upper 50's. Great football weather: Bama won 49-0

Mama Goldbergs for my usual: bologna on rye with lettuce tomatoes, mayo and mustard with sour cream and onion p chips. Delicious!

Tomorrow: Chef Glenda's back in the kitchen :o)

o

I know what it's like to go days without sunshine... I live in Ohio. No fun. We got next to no sun in my area for 12 days after Sandy visited.

Meatloaf, baked potato (including the skins) and a small amount of Texas beans was it for me tonight.

Shirley

o

Today I went to our local Little Theater with six lady friends to see The Odd Couple. They did a pretty good job. We stopped for an early dinner afterwards. It was a very enjoyable day. DH is having a meatloaf sandwich and butternut squash soup.

o

Chili and crackers. It was a beautiful day although a little chill at times.
We were forced to get out to the grocery store and pharmacy. It was very difficult I was so weak, but I made it and the fridge is stocked.
I bought a beautiful big bowl of fresh berries, black berries, blue berries and raspberry, I think it will help me feel better. Blue berries are good for the tummy.

We got a free turkey, so I guess I will be cooking Thanksgiving if I feel good.

o

We had meatloaf, sweet potatoes and green beans. I think there is leftover blueberry pie for dessert but I won't be having any.

o

Raven, you've been sick for a pretty long time now. Have you been to the doctor? I'm really concerned about you. Sure hope you're feeling better real soon.

o

Sunny and warm here today. High of 10C.
I made pasta puttanesca for dinner then we went to a neighbouring city to see the Santa Claus parade. They always have it on Sat. nite, and the floats are all lit.

o

We went to Lowe's where I bought a Samsung French door fridge on sale. Also got a new dishwasher. Got them both with the 4 year warranty for less than the fridge cost before the sale price. Merry Christmas to us. LOL Not having them delivered until after Thanksgiving.

Also went to the Commissary and ate dinner at a bbq place we hadn't been to before. It was really good and we will be going back. I had chopped brisket, Texas toast, coleslaw and potato salad.

o

Nita I really like my new Samsung French door refrigerator and I have not had it a week. Our supper tonight was just chili soup, he had crackers with his and apple pie, two pieces. I just had the chili soup and a tuna salad sandwich.

Sue

o

Thanks for the concern. Yes my doctor has given me meds. The problem is I take several very strong immune suppressing drugs which makes it much more difficult for me to try to get over an illness. The auto immune conditions I have put me in a risky situation.
This season has been dreadful. I just get over one and another hits.
I have to think it will be better soon.

o

I had a green salad made with arugala and home made pizza. I bought some super thin fire grilled crusts. It was quite good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here