Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Sunday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 4, 12 at 17:05

We had to grocery shop this afternoon, so we're having Stouffer's lasagne, which is just as good as my homemade, garlic toast and spinach salad.

Just saw an ad in the paper that Publix has peppermint stick ice cream in stock now. I just love that stuff, do you?

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Sunday?

Love peppermint ice cream, but I dare NOT buy it unless company is coming and that is rare!

Fish place for senior dinner, then went to gym and hope I worked some of it off.

New personal trainer is helping me get back onto overdue machines.

o

I have worked all day on getting cabinets in the garage cleared out so they could be moved, then washed the cabinets and I have been getting things back in them. So I am tired. I just fixed pancakes for supper and hot tea.

Sue

o

Well, Glenda, come over and I'll spring for the ice cream and two spoons. LOL!

Sue, don't even remind me of the garage. I need to get rid of so much junk out there. You're so ambitious to tackle that big job. I consider pancakes comfort food--and you deserve some comfort after that!!

o

We ate at Po'Folks today, a nice family restaurant here in town. I had their wonderful fried chicken and David had their chopped sirloin steak, turnips, fried okra and corn bread. Had water with lemon for our drinks.

Deb

o

We headed for Duck, N.C. today. We stopped on the way for lunch/dinner. Now we're comfortably settled in watching the Steeler/Giant game. For me, dinner will be a cup of hot chocolate.... For DH, a martini and some crackers and cheese. Perhaps some popcorn later. DH loves, loves, loves the ocean and we're on the third floor where he can see and hear it. He's in seventh heaven. Now all we need is for the Steelers to win.....not looking so good.

o

Deb, that sounds wonderfully southern ;-) I'm with you--I'd take fried chicken over almost anything.

Georgysmom, wow, that sounds so nice. I love getaways. Enjoy every minute.

o

pasta and cheesey bread...tried a new quinoa pasta from italy...

o

I had left over chicken thighs from a couple of nights ago, a large green salad with lots of arugala and red peppers, and some egg noodles I've been wanting to use up. Later in th evening I had half a Klondike bar. That's right. I cut it in half.

o

Last nite's dinner was chicken with 40 cloves of garlic, with potatoes and carrots in the pot along with the chicken. The wonderful flavour infuses the veggies. Apple cobbler for dessert.

o

Salmon soup and then later a piece of Bisquick coffeecake.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here