Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Wednesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 17:04

We're having one of Harry's favorites tonight, baked tilapia. We'll split a large baking potato and broccoli, too, He asked me if we had any of "that good tartar sauce", meaning Country Sunshines recipe. I didn't, but had everything to make it, so I did that when we got home from his VA appointment. Years ago we had a great tartar sauce but I could never get it exactly right. Her recipe is definitely the very best. The fresh parsley is the secret ingredient, I think.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Wednesday?

Had appointment with advisor, and deliver his two loaves of pumpkin bread, from my kitchen, and I was so close to Irondale Cafe/Whistle Stop, I did finally get the fried chicken livers, carrot raisin salad and of course their cornbread.
[ Wasn't hungry, and ate little bit of this and little bit of that.

o

It has been a very busy day. Made two trips out to the club house to get food to put into the new refrigerator. I have been washing windows and draperies, trying to get ready for Thanksgiving. My supper was, smoked sausage, cottage cheese, pickled beets, banana cake and iced tea. Now I am going to get ready for bed, I will probably miss Survivor.

Sue

o

I cooked ham, cabbage and potatoes. A simple but solid meal.

Shirley

I hope Harry enjoys his tilapia.

o

Just finished defrosting the freezer in the garage. I didn't get started until 3:45 and it took two hours! Usually I defrost it every several months and it only takes about 45 minutes but when I went to get some pizza out last night, someone hadn't completely closed the door and there was a lot of frost in there. I threw lots of stuff away. Anyway, I uncovered lots of stuff that are now in the refrigerator and we will be eating it in the next few days. Tonight we are having minestrone soup and some rolls.

o

really busy today-managed to get the beets canned-they certainly look and smell good!

Baked pork chops,homemade scalloped potatoes,and my version of gingered carrots.

o

I've got a pot roast braising on the stove and it smells sooooo good. It's been on for about three hours; the onions, carrots, mushrooms, and potatoes will go in shortly.

o

Glenda, I think if I just saw your plate, I'd be hungry. Everything you had just makes me happy thinking about it--especially the cornbread, of course. (I wonder if their's is as good as mine :-)

Sue, I'd love to hear how you like your new frig. I sure would love to have one like that. Got any banana cake left? I'll be right up ;-)

Shirley, you know Harry's gonna be one happy guy. But he'd be just as happy with your dinner, too. So would I!!

Oh, shoot, Georgysmom, dont' you had that defrosting job? Sorry you lost food--I did too when our outside frig went funky for a while. But it was stuff we really didn't want anyway. And look at all the room you have now--plus you won't have to cook for a day or two! Bonus!!

Ont Gal, your dinner sounds so good my mouth is watering! Your pickled beets remind me of my DD. When she was about 2 all she would eat is mac and cheese, cubed steak and pickled beets. (And this kid was a picky, picky eater, believe it or not.) Enjoy them this winter.

Woo hoo, Rhizo, I've never put mushrooms in my pot roast before, but I think I've been missing something. Love mushrooms. What kind do you use?

o

Today was my 'hunting and gathering day' AKA errands and grocery shopping~~~I like buying sliced meat/cheese for sandwiches and prepared salads from Sprouts so I can veg for the rest of the day;)

o

Yum, Rhonda, your dinner sounds good. My aunt makes pickled beets every year and always gives us a few jars. We just love it. I should email her and ask her for the recipe. She's in Florida for the winter, so I'm not sure if she knows it off the top of her head.

When I opened the frig there was a half-ful jar of saurkraut just begging to be used, so I fried up some sausage and kraut, boiled potatoes and broccoli. Don't look at my menu, Patti. :)

o

Someone posted a pork casserole with tomatoes a few weeks ago and I made it tonight. It was a little tomatoie for me...but I used crushed tomatoes instead of the whole ones called for in the recipe. The kids seemed to like it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here