SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti43

I'm not a happy camper--new refrigerator

patti43
11 years ago

This new refrigerator is getting to be a PITA. They called last evening and told me the delivery gate was locked and gave me a number to call at 7:00 this morning to re-schedule. At 7:30 I called the number. Got the answering machine. Left a message. Called again at 9:15 after I didn't get a call back. Got the machine again. 'Nother message. Finally at 9:45 I called Home Depot delivery number and was told that they had re-scheduled for Saturday. WHAT!!! They said the company that delivers for them had come so they'd kept their end of the bargain. While I was on the phone with HD, I finally got a return call from the delivery company.

I was steamed, so I gave myself time to think it through. I looked in our OTOW phone directory and the delivery gate is opened from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. So I called them and asked if there may have been a reason for closing the gates early last night. I was told that they'd been opened until the usual closing (they keep a log of who's coming in) and said someone was pulling my leg (in other words lying through their teeth).

Geez, sorry this is so long. I called the company back and got an actual human who said that when the driver got to the gate, he was told they don't accept deliveries after 6. I asked him why it was easier for them to unload that big refrigerator than reschedule someone else. Was told they didn't want to put anyone out--WHAT ABOUT ME?? I also told him I wasn't going to call HD and report it because I would hate for them to lose their contract with HD in these hard times. (This is true--I would hate to be responsible for putting anyone out of work.) But I told him he needed to have a long talk with his delivery men and pointed out the guy had told me and him two different stories.

Sure is a good thing my old refrigerator is still plugged in and working. You'd hear me in Alaska if I was having to buy ice for coolers to keep our food cold until Saturday.

Okay, rant over. Sorry! But I feel better now.

Comments (16)