Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Tuesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 17:04

Leftover soup at our house.

What are you having for dinner at your house?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Tuesday?

Potluck at church, today.

My wild rice and sausage casserole was so good, I had none to bring home.
Someone brought a delicious spinach salad with almonds and english peas.
Deviled eggs
I had a fried chicken leg
and for dessert I had homemade peach cobbler with blue bell ice cream.

That's what I had, and there was more.

I'm done on potlucks for a month now.

Fixing to put in oven two loaves of pumpkin bread that is my treat for friend what I've been taking yearly for 25 years.

o

I'm having the left over rouladen.....DH either a hamburger or pizza.

o

Cheryl brought me out a late lunch from DQ. They have half price meals and drinks on Tuesdays from 11 to 2 I think. We each had a pork barbecue sandwich and a shake. Mine was vanilla. Worked hard around here cleaning trying to get ready for Thanksgiving. They delivered the new refrigerator shortly after we ate and they were here a long time. Had to take doors off both refrigerators, to get one out and one in plus take the door to the garage off to get in and out. So now it is wait several hours to see how it is doing. I heard one load of ice being dumped so I guess that one part must be working. Nothing in it yet. I think soon I will just go to bed and no supper.

Sue

o

Keeping things light for DH--we had orange chicken and couscous tonight.

o

Lucky you, Glenda. Your potluck sounds like a winner. I will have to try your recipe soon. Bet your house smells deliciously of pumpkin bread.

Georgysmom, a wise man once said, "Leftovers are great." Well, not really, but they are!!

Sue, I can't wait to hear all about your new frig. I'd just love to have one. I love a bottom freezer! Love DQ but sure can understand why you aren't hungry. Their food is really filling.

Azzalea, hope your DH is feeling better. Harry had a problem twice with his navel hernia surgery. They put sticthes on the inside and they kept working their way out.

o

I managed to eat a couple soft boiled eggs for lunch but no idea what I can do for dinner. Last night we had cheese toast. Nothing even sounds appealing. I might try some deviled ham on crackers or toast.

o

It was Amish dinner time today. Menu: : Succulent, tender turkey, potato salad, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, steamed squash, creamed peas, homemade bread and rolls and homemade strawberry jam. Tea or coffee. Date nut pudding, lemon pie, pumpkin pie.

Needless to say, I feel roly/poly right now.

Shirley

o

Orange chicken from Costco in a box from the freezer section and white rice. Dessert was pumpkin roll and pumpkin cookies.

Azzalea, do you have a recipe for your orange chicken? DH liked the sauce that came with ours, and said I needed to find a recipe for it.

Tami

o

Aw, Raven, I was hoping you felt better today. Get lots of rest and, hopefully, you'll feel a lot better tomorrow.

Shirley, did you have any date nut pudding? Man, I love that stuff, but it's really sweet. Your whole meal sounds wonderful.

Tami, that sounds so good! If you Google, there are tons of orange chicken recipes, but if Azzalea has a tried and true, that's even better!

o

Sour cream chicken enchiladas and pinto beans for us. Very good and enough left over for another meal. I halved the recipe for the enchiladas...made 5.

jude

o

After getting through the food poisoning, I'm taking it easy today with chicken noodle soup and gingerale. Feel fine this evening, but don't want to push it.

o

SH, I feel for you. The last time I had food poisoning, I lived on graham crackers for a week straight. Sure messed up a two week vacation. Hope you feel better soon.

o

Patti: I forgot what the date nut pudding was when they gave me my choice so got the lemon pie instead. When my favorite young Amish girl came back around, she asked if I wanted more dessert. When I told her I had no more room to put it, she got a small container and sent a piece home with me. I'll have it tomorrow. I remember from the one time I had it about a year ago that it is very, very rich.

Shirley

I hope both Raven and Schoolhouse feel much, much better and very soon.

o

Thanks y'all I appreciate that. I am am praying for the same!

o

Pork steaks, funeral potatoes and green beans! Good!

o

Pork steaks, funeral potatoes and green beans! Good!

o

We stopped at the Chinese restaurant after running some errands and chose Chicken Chop suey with white rice and an eggroll to share. We kept it warm at home while taking a ride around the neighborhood on the golf cart with a happy hour drink.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here