Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Friday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 12 at 17:02

TGIF, everybody! We have to go out in a few minutes so we're going to pick up something for dinner. After my 24 fast, I'm thinkin' a Five Guys burger sounds pretty good. Much as I like their fries, I may have to forego them this time. :-(

What are you having tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?

Nikki's Downtown: fried snapper fingers, spinach and YES hominy

o

Patti I hope you are feeling better today.

I am making sausage and rice casserole.
I was going to make gumbo today but had too much to do so I will do that this weekend.

o

We're having hamburgers and fries today.

Deb

o

clam chowder here tonight.

o

We ended up going out for dinner last night. So tonight will be steak, mashed potatoes and salad.

o

Cheryl and I spent the day out and about again. Shopped at Joann's and Hobby Lobby, I did not buy much. We also looked at some nice refrigerators, have not decided yet. We had lunch at Sirloin Stockade. It was supper time when I headed for home so stopped at McDonald's for a small double burger. It was good. I am really tired and am ready to plop into bed soon. I hope you are much better Patti.

Sue

o

Fresh salmon, asparagus

o

Glenda, the snapper and spinach sound good, but the hominy :-( As you know, I'm not a fan.

Raven, I'm thawing a pound of sausage now. If I don't make gravy with it, I think I'll make a casserole. What do you put in yours? Thanks, I'm feeling so much better today!

Deb, I hope you enjoyed yours as much as we did.

Phyllis, clam chowder sounds nice and warming. Our weather is supposed to be in the low 80's the next few days, so I guess soup's off the menu for a while.

Nita, glad Mike made it home okay. I haven't had a good steak for so long! Enjoy dinner!

Sue, is your refrigerator working at all? Do you have a back up? If mine goes out again, I'll put the house frig in the garage and get either a bottom freezer refrigerator or a French door frig. I've had a few bottom freezers and they are just wonderful, IMHO. Sounds like you had a fun day.

Houndsxtwo, my favorite meal! Geez, that sounds good.

o

Had a coupon for free ham balls (they're ground ham meatballs in a pineapple sauce) from the Amish market--if you bought something. So I had those, DH had the chicken croquettes we bought. With mashed potatoes and Brussels Sprouts.

o

A friend and I went to the Mandarin Chinese restaurant today. They have a huge buffet. So that was my meal of the day. I just had tea tonite, but now I'm starting to get hungry.

I might have a bowl of cereal yet tonite.

o

I made sausage and wild rice casserole for last months potluck luncheon. T'was great!

o

Patti I have a refrigerator in the club house, but is is not real close to the house and I already had that freezer same as full. No about the only thing working in the refrigerator / freezer are the light bulbs. Yes, I am wanting a French door refrigerator with the bottom freezer. I don't know if that will happen yet or not.

Sue

o

My ladies Friday golf group ended our year with a dinner with husbands so tonight we went out to dinner. Glad you were feeling well enough to be eating tonight.

Sue, hope you get that French door refrigerator. I think you will like it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here