Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Friday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 12 at 17:01

Good grief, it's Friday already. Yikes, I'd better get my rear in gear tomorrow or Thanksgiving will be a frozen turkey!

We're having a tuna casserole tonight with garlic toast. Not exciting, but it didn't take any time to put together and we like it.

What are you having tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?

I just put a meat loaf in the oven along with twice baked potatoes and some mixed veggies. I Love, love, love meat loaf so I'm looking forward to it.

o

Chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, yeast rolls, Swedish apple pie and red raspberry jello. I made the jello for Alyssa as Amber is coming over to pick up the supper I fixed for them too. Will add a vegetable of some kind.

Sue

o

I have two of those wrapped sweet potatoes you put in the microwave think I'll have them and scrounge around for something else to go with them

o

Belch: Chinese buffet, and if you get there at 1:00, which I did, they stop replenishing the buffet, so I didn't get my usual cucumber salad, no teriyaki chicken, I left hungry cause I ate very little.

Shoulda left when I saw the limited foods on the buffet.

o

Swiss steak

o

i don't know yet. I found something frozen in my freezer and thought it was meatloaf (not). It's partly thawed, appears to be macaroni and beans? Not sure, but I'll thaw it fully and take a taste before I serve it.

o

I have two of those thick Costco pork chops split in half in a baking dish. I made some stove top stuffing and put it on top. Covered in foil and bake for an hour. It sure smells good in here. I think we are going to have Brussel sprouts and applesauce to go with them.

o

Georgysmom, I love meatloaf, too. Mainly because I really love meatloaf sandwiches the next day. I'd love to have a whiff of your kitchen!

Sue, you're such a good mom. I know you'lkl all enjoy the chicken and noodles.

Minnie, I've seen those potatoes in the store, but haven't tried them. Just about anything goes with sweet potatoes, so enjoy!

Glenda, that happened to us once--looked like a lot left but what there was, was dried out and not very tasty. Some things were okay, so we got our fill.

Dang, ont gal, someone posted the other day about Swiss steak and I've been hungry for it since. Lucky you!

LOL, Jannie, the mystery meal--we've had our share of those when I've forgotten to mark what was in the container. Hope it's something you really liked.

o

Patti we are sharing a brain again!
I found cans of tuna in the pantry so I put together a tuna salad, so sandwiches tonight. I am worn out just from fixing the tuna.
But I sampled it and it actually taste good so maybe my taste buds are returning.

o

Nita, that sounds wonderful. I love Stove Top and saute celery and onions and add to it with some extra chicken broth. Spread it over the top of pork chops, bake and, believe me, you can't tell it's any different than homemade using Pepperidge Farm bread stuff.

o

Tried a new recipe..Spicy four cheese pasta...it was a WINNER!!!

o

Raven, I'd be honored to share a brain with you--I hope your half is working better than my whole one, though! Sure hope you truly are getting over whatever you had. 'Nuff's enough!

Littlebit, don't you love it when that happens? Sure sounds good!

o

My frozen mystery dinner turned out okay, yes it was macaroni and black beans and tomatoes in a tomato sauce. Tasty, DH and I ate big bowls and our dog Molly even got some.

o

Jannie, after cleaning out the frig the other day, I think I either need a dog or another child :-) (Neither of which will happen in this life time.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here