Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Saturday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 12 at 16:59

It is finally warming up here and tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 80's. Hallelulah! It's football Saturday, but our FSU Noles played Thursday so we watched UF and now I'm not even sure who's playing.

Have to tell you a funny. Remember how I was ranting last night about getting lost and Ocala's weird method of naming streets? Well, when Harry got up this morning he told me he had the weirdest dreams all night. I ask him what they were about and he said, "I kept dreaming I was lost and couldn't find my way home." God love him.

Tonight we're having a hamburger patty and leftovers. Leftover corn casserole and taco potato salad. Harry's been feeling queasy all day, but wasn't going to miss out on the taco potato salad :-)

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Saturday?

I don't know why developers have to make things so complicated. I hate when the street ends, then continues again down the road further.

I haven't made my honey whole-wheat bread for a while (on a white bread kick) so I have 2 loaves cooling now.

We're having tacos for dinner. Messy food tastes so good, doesn't it? What's taco potato salad?

o

I had a weird dream last night. Sometimes when I use pillow mist my dreams get wild.

Getting addicted to Brava. Their chicken salad with almond slivers, golden raisins, honey and guess it's mayo. Served with a caesar salad and grated parmesan, and couple small wedges of pita.

So good!

o

I tried another new recipe today. Not as fond of it as I am of the corn chowder I tried this week. It's Chicken Bulgar Stuffing. I'll keep it in my list to make now and then but not on a regular basis. I also had a potato to go along with it.

patti: you asked last night how I could still cook when I'm not feeling well. Often I don't, I just go to the frozen foods. But this week, I'd already made a list of foods I wanted to cook so I forced myself to make them. By the way, I'm doing much better this afternoon.

Shirley

o

Tried a new recipe tonight. I was watching The Chew when we were away and Michael was making a turkey cutlet with sun dried tomatoes and Shitake mushrooms so on the way home we stopped at Costco. I bought a huge jar of sun drieds and some Shitake mushrooms. Now I'll have to look up some other recipes with these ingredients. You know how they always rave when they try someone's recipe and it looked so good. Well, it was just okay. Thank goodness for the Madeira which really made it but I wouldn't repeat it.

o

DS and I took advantage of McDonald's Veterans appreciation day and had value meals for late lunch I had the Fish sandwich and it was very good.

o

I am having left over sausage and rice casserole from last night and since hubby is feeling really bad he will have soup.

o

Raven, I did a search but no recipe showed up. Had you posted your recipe for your sausage and rice casserole?
That sounds like something we would like.

o
RE: What's for dinnnner Saturday?

raven, I'm making sausage and rice casserole for a Tuesday luncheon. It's a Campbell soup recipe that uses cheese. Litte bit different from the one you and I make, but not much.

o

David and I had the rest of our mexican meal from yesterday. He worked all day out back digging up stumps while I sat on the back porch watching him, drinking coffee and reading the kindle...LOL We have 3 acres and had over 100 pine trees cut down about 8-10 years ago preparing for our house to be built. Now our new house is 5 years old(we love it) and we are slowly removing all the stumps. He uses an axe and his trusty chain saw. Now that it is getting into cooler weather we can burn all the stumps that he has removed since it turned cooler, about 6 huge ones so far. I don't know what this all had to do with supper but I just got to rambling...hahahahaha.

Deb

o

Jasdip, I love messy food. It tastes so good! My favorite is snow crab claws. And you-peel shrimp. Or both at the same time :-) With tacos the best part for me is what drips down on the plate. Man, I'm such a slob! Jas, you must be feeling better.

Glenda, that chicken salad sounds delicious, but the Caesar's salad sounds even better. I just love that stuff.

Shirley, I'm glad you're feeling better. You're a real trooper in the kitchen. Me, not so much!

Georgysmom, I love "The Chew" but every time I look up a recipe (that they make look so easy) it seems to have a thousand ingredients. I have made Michael Symon's pasta with olive oil and it was okay but not a chef's meal (IMHO). (Love that Michael Symon!!)

Minnie, Harry's crazy for McD's fish sandwich. That sure is nice that so many restaurants are offering free meals to vets.

Raven, that casserole will probably be even better tonight. Hope you DH feels better soon. A little soup is always good when you're feeling bad.

Oh gosh, Deb. Been there, done that. We had our big trees cut down as far as possible and chopped the top but then set them on fire and had a bonfire for our friends in the neighborhood. That's a whole lot of work.

o

Bob and I both had pasta left over from Bravo a couple of nights ago so each of us is having leftovers. He has spaghetti with meat sauce. Mine is pasta pomodoro with chicken.

jude

o

This has been one of the nicest threads I've read today

o

Jude, that sounds good even though I haven't a clue what pasta pomodoro with chicken is. ;-) But any non-cooking day is a blessing!

Minnie, you're so sweet!

o

Patti, I think pomodoro is tomato in Italian so it was angel hair pasta with a tomato sauce and chopped chicken. Most restaurant servings are so big anymore that we nearly always have take outs. I often ask a restaurant to split the entree in the kitchen and fix half of it to go. That way it's much fresher since it hasn't been stirred around on your plate. If it's a large salad and they split it they will give you the dressing on the side. After a salad has been dressed it doesn't hold over well, in my experience.

o

I had 3 chicken breasts that I needed to do something with, and a couple of jars of Paul Newman's pineapple-flavored salsa. Threw it all in the crockpot, then shredded the chicken. Ate it with brown rice. Kinda boring, but tasty.

o

Made meatloaf because Lauren is at her father's and she hates meatloaf so I don't make it very much.

o

It was in the low 50's here today, windy and cloudy. Thought it would be a perfect day for a pot roast. It sure tasted good tonight and have plenty of leftovers. Just might freeze it for a motor home meal.

o

Jasdip it is posted on the latest recipe thread for Thanksgiving.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here