Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Batteries

Posted by ravencajun (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 25, 12 at 16:54

I know we all need them especially this time of year. I found this great deal and ordered mine.
You can choose from aa and aaa or combination, you get 48 of each x 2 for $20. So that is a total of 96 batteries for $20. If you have them delivered it cost 97c or you can order them and pick up at the store. This is at walmart.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: Batteries

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Batteries

Thanks Raven. Just ordered mine. I went through ebates and will get an additional 4% cash back.

o

Staples and Office Max have Duracell AA and AAA's with 100% back in rewards-

This Christmas you have no need to buy batteries for toys!! All three major office supply stores are all offering FREE AA or AAA batteries this week (11/25-12/1).

Each deal is free after that stores rewards. This means that you will pay for them and then get the full amount back in store credit.

Right now all the weekly ads show that this is only available in-store, but in the past they have been available with rewards online. If you plan to go into your store, make sure to take some coupons with you!

Office Max
Duracell CopperTop AA or AAA batteries, 20 pk., $16.99, limit 2
-$16.98 back in MaxPerks Bonus Rewards

Staples
Duracell CopperTop AA or AAA batteries, 16 pk., $13.99, limit 2
-$13.99 back in Staples Rewards

o

Batteries can be very cheap. Home Depot had 30 packs of Ray-O-Vac AAs for about $6, with no rebate. Menards often has batteries free after rebate in a 4 pk or so, usually a limit of 4. I just bought 30 pk of AAA (but could get AA) for $3.99 after $4 rebate. They also had 20 packs for $1.99.

I usually look for no more than about 20¢-25¢ per battery or less when I need them and stock up when they're free to about 10¢ or less.

o

Like my stepfather once said to me, "You get what you pay for (when it comes to Dollar Gen.batteries)". In other words not all batteries are equal. You may buy in bulk but the batteries may not be very good. I found that out when I was replacing DG batteries all the time. Now I'm not sure about other store brands or brands other than Energizer and Duracell.

One thing I was always curious about. I always read the date on the back of the pack of batteries. Sometimes they are from 2006, 2005. In fact another customer and I were discussing this fact just yesterday when checking out packs on sale. How good are those older batteries? So when I got home I went online to search for an answer and read that batteries last from seven to ten years. Guess the Energizer from 2006 would be ok - for a year or two anyways. Anyone else ever read that buying older packs of batteries to be ok?

o

One reason I got this particular deal
96 divided by 20 = 4.8 that is pretty cheap per battery!! under 5c each.
Plus they are a name brand Rayovac which I have used many times in the past with great success. I have had very bad luck with duracell they are more prone to leakage over time.
I do try to check for dates and get the newest when shopping in person.
I have bought off brand batteries and all in all was very happy with them, I have bought at Tractor Supply, big lots, and lowes all off brands and they were good.

You can buy a battery tester which will tell you how good they are some you can test through the package too.

o

Hi ravencajun,

When it's 96 batteries, costing $20.00 ...

... don't you divide 2000 by 96?

Jes' askin'.

o j

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here