Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Loodking for my Prayer Warriors again

Posted by sandiefl (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 1, 13 at 16:29

Needing more prayers for Jim. Two weeks ago Jim had two blockages in his right leg. One in the left. He had had Peripheral Artery surgery before. This time he ended up with blood clots. He was in ICU for 3 days and then came home on the fifth day. That seems to be doing well. Last week he had a PET Scan to see if the Chemo that he was getting was working. We went to the Cancer Center yesterday and were told that there was some good news and some bad news. Some of the areas that they were treating him for were either gone or not progressing. Bad news, there were some other concerns now. We went an education on the new more aggressive treatment. It sounds like there will be more side effects than what he got from the first treatment. I have been through an aggressive Chemo treatment so I have an idea what he will be going through and hopefully will be able to help him. Please keep Jim in your prayers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Loodking for my Prayer Warriors again

Of course I will pray. I belong to a Rosary group that meets on Mondays.

o

Sandiefl, you and Jim are in my prayers.

o

I am joining the others here in prayers for Jim.

How's your son doing?

Shirley

o

Continuing prayers for Jim!

o

Keeping Jim in caring thoughts, and you, as well.

o

Jim is in my prayers also. Just be very carefull when they start changing the chemo treatments. Be aware of the side effects. Go on line and read the information for yourself. Before DH passed away, they had to change his treatment and it did have some very serious side effects. He had to have the old one, plus the new one and it really did a number on him before he passes away.
I truly wish you the best. Do as much research, ask questions of everyone involved, even the nurses.
Good luck
Marie

o

Sandie, I pray for you and Jim each day, and will continue to do so. Sending you lots of hugs.

Tami

o

You and Jim will be in my prayers from now on...Keep the faith..
Orchid

o

Does he have a kindle to pass the time during chemo? My dad (79) really enjoyed his during chemo and when he felt like laying in bed days after.

o

You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

o

Thank you for your prayers. We had an education meeting today with the nurses,and I have been doing nothing but reading since then. I have had Cancer twice and gone through Chemo, but this is so much scarier for me. I know that I have to be strong for him. He had no side effects from the first medicines but I know that he will have a lot more to deal with now. I have my friends and family and Prayer Warriors so I am trying to stay positive through this.

o

Take each day as it comes. So sorry this is happening. Sending prayers.

o

Sandie, I continue to keep you and Jim in my prayers. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.

o

Sending thoughts and prayers to both of you!!!

o

I will keep both of you in my prayers.

o

You both are in my prayers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here