Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recipe for Thanksgiving

Posted by shay13 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 16:24

Do any of you have a recipe for making cream corn? I haven't had any good cream field corn in years! It seems like I remember a posting about a recipe for cream corn using canned kernels? and how it tasted similar to cream corn. A search only turned up recipes for corn casserole. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recipe for Thanksgiving

IF you go to the frozen food section and look for McKenzie's frozen creamed corn, Silver Queen Style, you can't go wrong in purchasing it. MY OPINION ONLY!

I always creamed my own in my cast iron skillet, when I purchase the corn from the farmers market.

I needed creamed corn in a pinch, and decided to try the above, and my word, it was close to mine cooked in the cast iron skillet.

You don't need to do anything but heat it and serve it.

AGAIN, my opinion only!

o

My opinion is the same as Glenda's. MacKinzie's! In the frozen food section it's usually on the bottom shelf in a package that looks like an ear of corn. It's very good. I put a lot of pepper on top--just 'cause I like it. I add butter, too.

o
RE: Recivvvvpe for Thanksgiving

YES!!! I add pepper to my serving though and I like it on top of buttered crisp toast :o)

o
RE: Recipe for Thavvvnksgiving

Make sure it says silver queen style

o

Thanks, I'll try it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here