Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't understand!

Posted by SunnyDJ (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 7, 12 at 15:44

How come, if a person has megga money, their opinion means more than the ordinary person? I'm really talking about "The Donald" and so many of the so called celebrities...Almost the 1st thing I saw on the "puter" this morning was the rage that sprewed from him....Who
really cares what he has to say? Why is this so important that it has to make headlines? If they had interviewed someone from the working class and they talked like that, they'd probably be held for treason....Sorry to sound off but it just irks me no end, for these people to think their some kind of God......
Once again, sorry.......................

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't understand!

That thing on his head ate his brain.

o

Exactly how I feel about George Clooney and the likes. Hollywood, rock stars, extremely wealthy, they all seem to think because they're rich they are smart. Um, they're not.

They are important people in their own minds only.

o

Oh, Lily, I almost fell off my chair laughing!

Poor, poor Donald.

o

Good one, Lily!

o

It's because people are so obsessed with celebrity. Gotta watch Orca Windbag, (In most states he's NOT a) "Dr." Fail, The Spew and more. These things shape the minds of a number of people.

I always laugh when I see TV stations get some washed up politician from the past to give "analysis" of election returns and the like. There's a few that are fine, even knowledgeable but most of them couldn't get elected or re-elected so they have them analyze what's going on.

o

It's the Hollywood "celebrities" and "stars" that make me want to hurl, just because you some how made it to appear in some movies or something you are suddenly all knowing all powerful and have the right to preach your beliefs to us the "little people", sorry but no thanks.

o

I don't like Trump, but at least he didn't resort to insults like that vile Ted Nugent, who tweeted the following: "Pimps whores & welfare brats & their soulless supporters hav a president to destroy America." (Typos left as tweeted.) Later, he added, "Goodluk America u just voted for economic & spiritual suicide. Soulless fools"

o

Not only stars and people like Trump, but sports figures that act like babies when they don't get only way and even those who either inherit or climb the corporate ladder without really doing anything, especially when their spouse and his/her family have money. I have a friend with a kid like that. Really a brat, but living in a 2 million house. Better than others!

o

I love Lily's comment. I was on Hot Topics the other day and someone called The Donald a pork rind with hair.

o

I like Brian Williams (NBC News) response after some of Trump's wacko tweets last evening:

Williams showed some of Trump's tweets on air, saying he had "driven well past the last exit to relevance and veered into something closer to irresponsible."

o

I've seen a bit of what Eva Longoria spews on Twitter. What a brat she is. A diva comes to mind.

o

When Rome was falling apart ...

... they were big on entertainment!

(Could that possibly be, "... keep the eyes of the populace off of the ball!")?

ole joyfuelled

o

The media promotes what they think will sell.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks celebrities are more intelligent simply because of their fame. Donald? Laughable, really.

o

Wonder if "the Donald" realizes the following...

> Of the 20 states with the highest median income, 17 voted for Obama;

> Of the 20 states with the lowest median income, 16 voted for Romney;

> Of the 10 states with highest level of education, 9 voted for Obama;

> Of the 10 states with the lowest level of education, 9 voted for Romney.

o

Why is it that public figures and nedia stars can't express their opinions like everyone else? It's up to us as individuals, after all, about who to give credence to. I appreciate that a great many 'stars ' give their time, money, and face to political and/or environmental and/or humanity issues. Even if I happen to disagree with them.

Trump is broadcasted because he is a clown. Everybody knows it. Clowns get attention. He's a public figure, and an interesting one. But if one looks, acts, and sounds like a clown......! I, for one, could care less that he's given air time. None of the TV, radio, or websites that I spend time with gave him one second of air time before, during, or after the election.

If I were a recognized public figure, I would not hesitate to use my fame to draw attention to something that I considered important. Atrocities against humans and animals would be at the top of my list, as it is for many of these 'stars '. Thanks to those celebrities who have, through their efforts, rebuilt whole neighborhoods destroyed in storms, raised multimillions of dollars for medical research, brought attention to mass murder of thousands of people, the mutilation of women in some African cultures, and on and on.

Why is that a bad thing?

We will find irresponsible and soulless individuals in our own communities.....they are our neighbors, teachers, ministers, leaders. But we will also find our heroes....and in much larger numbers. I can tell the difference between the heros and the clowns.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here