Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey, MONI! Check out this Astoria Bridge picture

Posted by kat__wa (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 19, 12 at 15:42

from this morning! The weather was a lot nicer when you
were there! We are having tons of rain and heavy winds.
The winds and rain got to this truck.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey, MONI! Check out this Astoria Bridge picture

Hi Kat! I'm obviously not Moni, but I'm going to assume that's the Astoria, OR bridge...located in our (hopefully) future home of Oregon. We drove over it a few years ago and I remember thinking that there is something almost magical about the Oregon / Washington coastline. Much more beautiful than over here in CA (IMO), although we do have some stunning coastlines, too. Lucky you to be able to see that everyday! Well... Maybe not the truck tipping over, just the beauty and ruggedness of the area. :)

o

Hi Kat

All I can say, nothing bothered me, while I was riding across. I was so sick... and needed to be in a bed. It is a very long bridge, with a nasty uphill just before you get to Astoria.

Moni

Here is a link that might be useful: Moni's story about the day she crossed that bridge!

o

Hey, I slept under that bridge last summer. LOL!
I had a much more beautiful view.

o

BeeOhio - is that a hotel? If so, which one if you don't mind me asking? The view is awesome and we've been thinking about taking another road trip...

o

When I saw the title I was thinking Astoria, Queens, near where I grew up. Then I remembered Astoria doesn't have its own bridge. LOL

That certainly looks nasty, though!

o

Yes, Shed, it is the Holiday Inn Express & that was our view with the Astoria River Walk right outside the window. We were on our Lewis & Clark journey & Astoria is the area where L&C spent the winter of 1805 before making their return to St Louis, MO. It's a beautiful area.

o

We were there this Summer, beautiful area. We loved the coast with all its beauty. We went over that bridge in our motor home.

o

That Oregon / Washington coastline is sooo beautiful. I fell in love with Astoria. But we retired to central FL because of the grandbabies. And it is beautiful here -- just not as breathtaking.

o

This is going to sound silly, but I remember watching "The Goonies" as a kid and thinking how cool it would be to live where it was filmed. Years later I saw parts of "Kindergarten Cop", even though I'm no fan of Schwarzenegger, and fell in love with the area. Imagine my surprise when I found a website listing both having been filmed in Astoria! That's when I fell in love with the area and after a few road trips, we have decided that when it's time for us to retire, that's where we'd like to move.

We'll definitely have to stay at that Holiday Inn, Bee. Thanks for the tip!!

o

Shed, we just watched Goonies! lol And I posted on FB
on how much I love Astoria! lol We don't live there.
WE live up I*5 a bit.!

o

Kat - WA is gorgeous, too. I have a friend who moved to Everett from Santa Cruz and she much prefers WA. Lucky you!!

o

I loved the WHOLE coastline... as far as we rode along it. It was one of my best cycling tours so far.

Moni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here