Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cannot Find Cord Pulls

Posted by chisue (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 12 at 15:26

I've looked at BB&B, at the hardware store, at Home Depot, at Joanne Fabrics. I cannot find the little wooden pulls for the ends of cords that raise and lower roman shades. I need nine, to replace plastic ones that have rotted in the sun.

My other shades have white painted wooden pulls, about an inch long, shaped like an elongated bell. You feed the cord through the top and knot the end, which stays inside the wooden pull.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cannot Find Cord Pulls

Do you have an ACE hardware store? Sometimes they carry items others don't.

o

Check out this link. Google "wooden shade cord pulls" for others.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wooden shade pulls

o

Have you tried a linen (drapery) store or shade store? Those would be the places that would pop into my mind

o

Do you have a craft store near by? Look in the wood section. You can get wooden balls with holes drilled thru them. Paint them or not. And cheap!

o

I've seen them at Home Depot or Lowes in the lighting department where ceiling fans are sold.

o

Kris, thanks, neat site.

Moni

o

Great link Kris! These kind of things are so niched these days you can only find them on the internet these days. Same with many appliance parts.

I bought plastic cord pulls online - only place I could find them.

This site takes Paypal too! I'm going to bookmark it. Thanks for the link.

o

I was SURE I'd replied here, but don't see it.

Thanks for the link, Kris. I may resort to that, although it's irritating to pay $9.00 for these little lightweight doodads and another $4.95 for shipping and handling. (I should be grateful they HAVE them!)

o

Cut a little piece of wood and get out your whittling knife, drill a hole just larger than the cord from bottom through the top, and a slightly larger hole most of the way up, to hide the knot in the cord.

Talk to a crafty(?) neighbour who likes to paint stuff on occasion and make a date to take your pull(s) over when they're about to do a paint job in your chosen colour .... smile nicely at the conclusion of the job: invite her(him?) over for coffee.

o j

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here