Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glenda! I made your cake

Posted by debn (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 12 at 15:03

I just pulled it out of the oven. The Chocolate Sour Cream Cake. I had to double check to make sure I had wrote down baking soda right instead of needing to use baking powder, YEP! Baking soda.

Sorry for the shout out but I had to let you know that this is a wonderfully easy GOOD cake! Just enough for 2 to enjoy for a couple days. David loves sweets so much and since he had to work today on Veterans day I whipped it up for him. He is going to enjoy it so much for his dessert tonight.

Thanks for the recipe! I sent it to my chocolate loving daughter as well. She will enjoy it too.

Deb :o)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glenda! I made your cake

So glad you made it! It is so easy and very moist.

Thanks for posting!

o
RE: Glbbenda! I made your cake

Let us know if your husband enjoyed, when he got home from work, tonight.

o

Glenda, David LOVED the cake! He came in the house and smelled it right away. Cut himself a slice and walked around out back while he ate it. Said it was the best chocolate cake he has tasted in a long time. He didn't put anything on top. I made some fresh whipped cream in case he wanted that with chocolate slivers but he ate it "nekked". LOL After supper he had another slice and asked that I put some in his lunch tomorrow. So I guess he loves it! Thanks so much for posting this recipe!

Deb

o
RE: Glnnnenda! I made your cake

Sounds great! Thanks for responding!

o

I shouldn't read this at night, now I want some chocolate cake!!

Glenda, could you use fat free sour cream, or would that ruin the cake?

o

teresa, I use fat free, but can't remember if I used it in this recipe.

Chocolate sour cream cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1 egg
Instructions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2.In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; beat until smooth. Pour batter into baking dish.
3.Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool, then cut into squares.

Top with whipped cream, frosting of choice, or dust with confectionate sugar.

o

It's even better today!

I used regular sour cream because it had no butter...a little fat..."more better". LOL

Deb

o

I made this cake yesterday and it was very good. Thanks for the recipe Glenda.

o

Glenda, this is a wonderful recipe. Four year old granddaughter and I cook together several times each week, and she loved the cake. We compile her favorite recipes and this one goes to the top of the list. Thank you for always sharing your recipes. Several in her book came from you.

o
RE: Glebbbnda! I made your cake

hallngarden, thanks for the compliment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here