Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photobucket

Posted by jasdip (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 14:46

Am I the only one having trouble pasting an IMAGE post here?
All I get is the link.....it doesn't transfer to the image.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photobucket

Photobucket

Works for me! Are you copying the HTML code? That is what works in this forum.

o

Nope, none of them work for me.

I've used photobucket for my personal pics and for grabbing birthday gifs.

The only choices I see are email, IMG code and Direct Link, since they've changed the site.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Starshinetx/birthday gifs/thmnmm.gif

http://media.beta.photobucket.com/image/birthday gifs/Starshinetx/birthday gifs/thmnmm.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Starshinetx/birthday gifs/thmnmm.gif

o

Try rebooting your computer. What browser do you use?

I go to my "albums" page, hover over the picture and the info pops up. I copy it and paste it here...

Photobucket

o

The HTML link shows up under my personal photographs, but it's not there when I'm looking for birthday gifts.

I just noticed that I can revert back to the Old Photobucket, so I may have to do that when I'm looking for birthday wishes.

Photobucket

o

I use FireFox with AdBlock plus..

Just went and tried PB with IE - blergh! It looks totally different with IE - full of ads! I also updated to the new format, just to see if I could replicate your problem, but I can still copy the HTML code: (posting same pic as before, which was PB using FireFox browser - no ads.)

Photobucket

o

ahh...drooool...

Your picture is MUCH more appetizing than mine! LOL

o

Photobucket

I just uploaded this animated gif - and all the info was there...hmmm...

I have a "photobucket uploader" app installed with FireFox. When I want to upload a picture from the web - I just right click on it and select "upload to Photobucket", and it uploads it and takes me to the PB page in just a matter of seconds... LOVE THAT!

o

LOL Iowagirl. I'm making myself hungry looking at my chicken!

I went back to the old Photobucket and the HTML code for the gifs is there.
I use Chrome.

o

GGRR! I went to Photobucket just a few minutes ago to choose an image and I was asked to sign up...but only to Facebook or Twitter. I'm on FB and don't want Twitter. Why can't they leave well enough alone?

Sue

o

I am very unhappy with the new Photobucket format even though something needs to be done to improve the old format. I've tried the new format a number of times but keep going back to the old after making comments and suggestions to the Photobucket team.

I pay for a Photobucket Pro account so tend to be pretty vocal about its shortcomings.

In the new format, you cannot resize images when you upload and some of my descriptions under an image have been truncated, losing valuable information. grrr.

I'll stick with the old format until they get all the kinks out.

Jodi-

o

Jodi, How do I get back to the old format? I use my regular shortcut icon and I get this new stuff.

TIA

Sue

o

Sue, in the new format there is a link in the upper right that says something to the effect of "Go back to old format". Click on that. It will ask you why you're leaving and ask if you mind being contacted by the development team in the future or something like that. Once back in the old format, bookmark it and you should be taken back to that format next time you click on the bookmark.

Jodi-

o

Jodi, thank you for posting how to go back to the old format. The new format was way too cumbersome and I sent them a message to that effect and they said they were trying to work out the bugs.

I will stick to the old format as long as possible. Why do they make such drastic changes, and not for the better. :(

o

I see what you mean... I copied the 'direct link' then used the old html code (img src = "code you copied") change the ( and ) to < and >. Works like a charm.

o

i just tried the new PB and got to upload a pic
Photobucket

o

Jodi, I wasn't as lucky as Murraysmom. I didn't find anything similar to going back. Tried the Support but that just took me to Support for the new format.

It is frustrating!

Thanks for the help, though; I'll try again later.

Sue

o

I am so fed up with them, I can't load my albums,have been back and forth with support. I am done.

o

Sue, here is what the 'opt out' it looks like when I go to the new format.

Jodi-

o

No problems, or ads here with Opera.

o

Jodi, I never did find what you showed in your post. I kept clicking around and found a page that just said "This is a private album." Hoping it was mine I saw some links above and one was Upload, so I clicked on that. After that I went through a bunch of twists and turns, and I wish I had made notes along the way. Finally there was a place to Log In, but they didn't like my password, even though I had used it forever, and I did that Forgot Password thing, and I made a new one (through email.) That worked and I was back on Photobucket, but at the new format. They said I could try it and go back any time. I looked at it a little bit, and decided to stay with the old. But then I had to tell them why I didn't want the new one. Click, click.click and finally I was back on the old one.

I could have signed in by using my FB ID, but I very much resent the idea of having Mark whats-his-name calling the shots, so I kept clicking around and finally Success!

Tomorrow I'll try posting something to see if it does work.

Thanks for all your help.

Sue

o

Pics came out too large, so I'm back today using HTML. Hope this works.

Photobucket

The gif is perfect under the circumstances.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here