Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cute/Creative Ways to Package Cookie-Swap Cookies?

Posted by suzieque (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 13, 08 at 14:22

Hi all -

I'm going to a Christmas Cookie Swap. I need to take 6 dozen cookies, packaged in groups of 1 dozen. There will be a prize for the most creative or cute way of packaging the dozen cookies. Does anyone have any thoughts to give a non-creative mind? I'm not even sure what cookies I'll be making, but hopefully can also come up with some cute ideas for those, too.

Many thanks -

Suzieque

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cute/Creative Ways to Package Cookie-Swap Cookies?

Oh gosh there are lots of different ways to package them! Whether you'd win a prize using any of my ideas is anyone guess! LOL
Buy the tins or decorative boxes at the dollar store or in the Christmas paper wrapping dept at Wallyworld. Set them on colored crushed up tissue paper?
A nice Ceramic CHirstmas plate again from dollar stores or Walmart?
I've bought the clear plates at Walmart and decopaged fabric on the backs of them. They are cute! I did snowmen one year as gifts, but there is nice Christmas fabric out too.
If you saved sweet potato cans and washed them you can paint them...I decopaged napkins on the outside of them after spray painting them all white...what about the plastic coffee cans, decopage or paint again? They make cute snowmen!
I've seen cute little pails too at Christmas time or fall ones.
A brown paper bag decorated with stamps, then folded over on top and punch two holes in it and run ribbon thru the holes and tie?
I am not sure how it would work but Santa hats?

o
RE: Cute/Creativ e Ways to Package Cookie-Swap Cookies?

Errr Susie I forgot to say when I did the sweet potato cans decorated up I punched a hole on each side of them and ran a wire to be used as a handle on it.

o

WOW, Great ideas, so clever!

o

Oh! I know! Put them in the 2 liter pop bottles!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gwanny2three and Jenni did this

o
RE: pic

Photobucket

o

My first thought was the 2 liter bottle too!

If you had round cookies you could put them in a egg carton? Make some sort of label for the top... Eggceptional Cookies? I'm sure somebody can think of something better than that, but you get the idea. :-)

o

Oh my goodness - great ideas, and so quickly! Thank you!

I can't see the labels on the bottles because the picture on that link doesn't appear anymore. But I love all of the ideas. I really don't care about winning the prize. My thought is that if everyone else is packaging their cookies creatively I don't want to be the only one there with the cookies in plain baggies!

Keep 'em coming, ladies. And thanks!

Suzieque

o

How about a new flowerpot filled with cookies with a few cookies stuck on sticks? This would work especially well if the cookies were in a flower shape.

Here is a link that might be useful: A tutorial on cookies on a stick

o

I made peanut butter cookies one year that were shaped like mice, they had licorice whip tails and bits of raisins for eyes and noses. I made a house for them and strung little lights all along the roof and windows. It was very cute, but you'd have to make 6 of them and that would be too much trouble.

o

I don't mean to hijack your thread Suzieque, but...... Flamey, could you post the recipe for the peanut butter cookies? I bet the twins would love them!

o

Chinese take out boxes make cute containers for cookies

o

It's been years, MaryAnn, but I think this is close enough- just do better eyes! lol

These are cute too- http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Christmas-Eve-Mice

Here is a link that might be useful: Mine looked similar to these, MaryAnn....

o

Depending on how big the cookies are, you may be able to fit them in something like I've linked to below. (Use Christmas paper)

Here is a link that might be useful: fortune tellers

o

suzie, depending on what type of cookies you are making, you could use ball/mason jars - wide mouth is probably your best option.

you can put a little cotton or that fabric puff (i don't know the right name for it) on the lid and attach christmas fabric or a doily. around the neck of the jar green, red, silver or gold ribbon and then on the ends a little (fake) christmas bulb or ball, which you could write on (if you know each of the participants' name) or any similar decoration. the decoration options are endless.

maryanne

o

These all sound great - thank you, all.

o

jeaninwa beat me to it!
Another vote for Chinese take-out containers.

Or, baggie your cookies. Place the bagged cookies on a bandana or festive napkin and bring the corners together and tie them in a knot.

o

If the cookies are round or smaller in size I've used the large-mouth canning jars (quart size). Since they're glass you can see the cookies inside, which is nice ;o) I cut fabric circles from holiday fabric with pinking shears and tied them on the lid, using festive ribbon, and attach a hand-made paper tag to the ribbon. If you're really feeling creative you can paint the jars. I've painted jars with snowmen, snowflakes, cardinals, pine trees and boughs. You can find complementary fabric for the top.

o

Another vote for Chinese take out containers!

o

In a plastic bag inside an oven potholder mitt is a cute way to present a gift of cookies. Another idea is to put the cookies on a small cookie sheet....the recipient gets two gifts in one with either idea.

o
Creative Presentations of Cookies for SWAP

We're about to host our 2010 Eve's Garden Texas Annual Christmas Cookie Swap. My thought was to create a hostess gift of ideas in a flyer to show attendees how they could CREATIVELY Present their take home COOKIES as gifts. BHG and Martha Stewart offered some great ideas. I would love to share the flyer however I am not sure how to upload the document (or if I can) So visit our FAN PAGE on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EvesGardenTexas to see the uploaded photos using collanders, sifters and more. Also please LIKE our page and share your Cookie Swap Photos of creative packaging with us. How FUN will that be? Have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving!

Here is a link that might be useful: Eve's Garden Texas Fan Page

o

I am going to bag my 14 dozen. Yes 14x12 in christmas baggies then put them in stockings I got at the dollar store. This way other bags they get can be carried home in the stocking too. I will take extra bags for anyone whos boxed their cookies and wants to transfer or any extra goodies we have at the exchange.

o

I am looking for ideas on how to package gingerbread men cookies. I need to package them in 12's any ideas?

o

What is an inexpensive way to package one dozen cookies to give out. I tried plastic boxes but they are almost too big for one dozen. HELP

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here