SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

I'm curious-how would you handle it

rob333 (zone 7b)
11 years ago

So there is a little sitting area within my enclosed office. It has a table that gets used as a lunch table and that's fine with me. Generally, those who use it are quiet enough it's ok, or not, but it's not bothersome. I have been here and will continue to be here, while those uisng the table are visiting folks. There is one person with whom I take exception. The other day, they told someone who is here from another country (they are US and they other is from Europe) to do something illegal. It's not highly illegal, but it's illegal in a way that doing what they suggested, would have the opposite effect; the law was designed to protect the person. They told the other person to do it anyway. I want to tell the visiting person the correct thing to do.

Further, they're in my office and speaking in a tone that is loud enough to hear. That is, I'm not trying to listen, and I don't hear everything (or want to. The first person says denigrating things about my hometown, so I usually tune them out) but there it is. Others at the table were arguing with person number 1, so that it got loud enough to hear. I'm not worried about eaves dropping is my point. It's MY office (even though I am sharing it and happy to do so).

How would you let the second person know the right thing?

Comments (10)