Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look who is trucking :o)

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 13:35

GS is the proud owner of a truck, which he purchased and paid for with the money he earned. He's proud and I'm proud of him.

This is pic his dad took at the hunting club this weekend.

Now he's all grown and doesn't need me to take him places, wah!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look who is trucking :o)

Great Pic Now he'll be calling and saying "Grandma can I take you anyplace today?"

o

Very nice truck!!! Has he taken you for a ride yet?? How did he earn the money-impressive!

o
RE: Lonnok who is trucking :o)

lisa, mainly manual labor!

A client of his dad's had the truck for sale and sold it at a great price just for PJR.

This is what his dad has to say:

He is so proud of his first truck and I want him to know that I am proud of how hard he has worked to save up. I know it has been tough for him to do it because I will not let him get a regular part-time
job. I want him to continue to concentrate on his full-time job..........continuing to excel in high school with grades any parent would be proud of. Keep up the hard work son! You are doing it right and you will be rewarded in life for you efforts in your education. I am proud of you and even prouder of you because of your strong Faith!

o

He sure looks like one happy guy. Good for him for earning the $$$$ himself. Must've taken a couple of years to save up.

And I agree with Minnie. You should call him and ask him if he can take you (fill in the blank). ;-) Just for fun!!

o

very nice!

o

Bless his heart! He's such a great kid, and I'm proud of him, too. His truck looks a lot like mine (except mine is red). He always looks happy, and I know that brings a smile to grandma's face!

o

Good for him. He must be so excited and proud! Can't wait to hear that you had a ride in it Grams.

o

Good reasons to be proud of your son and your grandson!

o

Those Chevy Trucks really are "like a rock"! I have two and love them both and will cry when they finally wear out! One turned 20 this year and one is youngster of only 16...HA! The 96 still looks like new too! Unfortunately the 92 was from that batch with the bad paint and is silver and PRIMER! GAH! Oh well it's a truck...so it's not so pretty, it's still functional! It's just not "the silver bullet" anymore :(

o

Congrulations! I have found out that when a person earns his own money they seem to respect and take better care of what ever they buy. My kids do.
Curious, does your state have the restrictions on teen driving like some do? This state does and that is good.
This week end is learn how to drive in/on snow/ice/freezing rain etc LOL
Marie

o

Congrats to PJR. I'm impressed that he earned enough to buy such a nice truck.

o

Congrats to PJR. Another milestone in his life reached. The letter from his dad brought tears to my eyes. Most dad's, although they feel that way, just don't say it.

He's growing up into a wonderful young man. He's had great role models in his dad and grandma.

o

Responsible young man!! I know you have to be so proud of him!

o

That is much to be proud of! I'm glad he has a truck instead of a car....much safer, I think. Congrats to him, your son, and you, Glenda, for raising such a wonderful young man!!

o

tuck a st christopher medal in it someplace...`my mom bought my dad one 50 years ago and it's now in my car!

o

Glenda that is such a great story... restores my faith in people who do a great job raising their kids. Teaching them that hard work will get you somewhere. Good for PJR and his Dad and you as well Glenda.

june

o

Glenda that is such a great story... restores my faith in people who do a great job raising their kids. Teaching them that hard work will get you somewhere. Good for PJR and his Dad and you as well Glenda.

june

o

The dad and son do have a great relationship and I'm so proud of that fact.

Thanks for your kind words.

o

That's wonderful. What your son had to say is also a testament to HIS upbringing. Job well done, Glenda!

o

That's wonderful. What your son had to say is also a testament to HIS upbringing. Job well done, Glenda!

o

o

That's great that he earned it himself, he looks very proud and has reason to be.

o

Sorry for the triple posting! Mobile device woes - lol

o

They grow so fast, sigh!

o

Glenda, you have a lot to be proud of and a right to be proud. It is so good to hear good news about teens these days.I know there are more good teens than bad ones,but they don't make the news.I love the picture of him on the tree.It is priceless.

o

Hard to believe he is so grown up....

o

He's a fine young man. You are right to be proud of him, Glenda. I am so happy both my daughters bought their (first) cars with money they had earned and saved.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here