Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stauffed Animals/Refurbish

Posted by sandiefl (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 13:22

I don't know if refurbish is a word,when it concerns stuffedfed animals. I checked on Dorothy's list and didn't see it.My question is, does anyone know how to make stuffed animals look newer? My DH and I love to go to Thrift Stores.Yesterday the SPCA had a 60% off sale plus the Wooden Nickle. My DH's cousin and I collect Teddy Bears. I found one that does a Christmas Rap. His clothes can be washed, but I don't know how to make his fur nicer. I have tried brushing some of my other bears and they still look "loved".Sue and I "adopt" bears so she doesn't mind if it is loved. I just wondered if there is a way to make his fur nicer.TIA for any help you can give.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stauffed Animals/Refurbish

I always tossed stuffed animals (kid's toys and dog toys) into the washer and the dryer, of course you can't do that with the electronic ones.

o

Try using a steam iron or household steamer on the bear. It will fluff it up, plus the steam may help kill germs.

o

Rub and fluff it with fabric softener sheet

o

I know one thing NOT to do with a "dusty" long haired stuffed fur baby.... that is to put it in a warm dryer.. It just "frizzled" the hair up. I think I meant it to be fluffed in the dryer....but I am not sure just now. I do know that I still have my frizzie loved (stuffed) beardie.

I wonder if brushing with cornstarch would work to refresh. I think I have read that you can use cornstarch on real furbabies. Good luck.

o

Oops! I cut my finger today and have had trouble typing. I did check the preview,but didn't go up far enough.That is supposed to be stuffed. Thanks for your help.

o

We knew what you meant.
:)

I've used lysol (the kind in a bottle you dilute with water) on them--lightly spritz and comb. It's taken a lot of stuff off. I have used bathroom spray bleach (alos very lightly sprayed) on my Coca-Cola bears without problems, but they're solid white.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here