SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Two "beauty products" I tried last week

alisande
11 years ago

I tried two new (to me) products last week--amusing myself while we were without power, I guess. I'm very enthusiastic about one of them; the other not so much.

The exciting (again, to me) product is Sally Hanson's Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat. Thanks to last year's mild winter, I have nice long fingernails for the first time in probably a decade. I figure I spend at least half the day admiring them. :-) I know this won't last long, so I'm making the most of it, keeping them polished and pretty.

The Insta-Dri product turns any nail polish into a fast dry. You apply the polish of your choice, wait two minutes, and then use Insta-Dri. Your nails will be dry to the touch in 30 seconds. This does not mean you can bang one on a pot while washing dishes (as I just did), but "dry to the touch" makes a big difference when you want to use your hands in a reasonable way. And the polish lasts and lasts. Definitely anti-chip, and anti-wear off too.

The other product is BB cream. Have you heard of it? It's supposed to be very big right now. The brand I bought is Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector. I guess I didn't understand BB cream, because I was thinking it was some sort of high-tech moisturizer. It actually is a moisturizer (they say), and a sunscreen, and everything else rolled into one. But to me, it feels like makeup.

I don't normally wear foundation, and this stuff makes me look like I'm addicted to foundation. I think part of the problem is that it's too dark for my skin. The shade is "Light/Medium." Maybe I'd like it better in summer.

Anyone else have a thumbs up or thumbs down on a recent product try?

Comments (19)