Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Are You Fixing With Your Leftovers?

Posted by Marilyn_Sue (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 23, 12 at 13:12

I don't have many leftovers today, but the last of the turkey and some vegetables went into a ten inch turkey pot pie. New recipe hope it is good. What are you doing with yours?

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Are You Fixing With Your Leftovers?

Your pot pie sounds good, Sue. I'm making turkey chowder tomorrow. It's been a family favorite for years. My DSis is making hers today. I cooked the carcass and all the stuff in the bottom of the roaster today and have a whole lot of rich turkey broth. I'll seal a lot of it for future use and next year's gravy. Thank heavens somebody invented the Food Saver! I don't do anything with the rest of the stuff, 'cept eat it. Sent a lot of food home with DD, and need to use as much as I can by Tuesday when my new frig is being delivered. Sure glad I have a back-up frig in the garage.

o

Maybe a pot pie too but later...Today we will have Turkey sandwiches...My DH just loves them so I will make that for him today. I cooked two turkeys so we will have plenty and I saved lots of drippings for gravy that I can use for pot pies or other dishes....

We only saved enough veggies for one meal and the rest went home in leftovers for the kids to take home. I was surprised at how little was left. I actually made an extra pan of dressing so I'll cook that today too...

o

Leftovers - I didn't have much left. We're nuking them and eating them, just like yesterday - they're almost all gone.

o

I took a Honey-baked Ham to family dinner. I'm going to cook the bone down to make stock for bean soup. I do have some ham left so I will make ham salad for me - hubs isn't much for leftover ham. I may use a little tomorrow morning in an omelette for breakfast for us.

o

I sent all the leftover turkey home with my sister. Yea!

o

I swear our turkey was drugged!! I have never had a turkey that caused me to go unconscious after eating it and it did it to both of us both times we ate it. I mean seriously! I have eaten a lot of turkey in my life and never had that happen. Last night around 6pm or so I fixed my plate of leftovers for dinner ate it and by 7pm I was passed out in my recliner. I tried really hard to wake up and watch tv. Could not do it, next work up at 9pm struggled to get myself to the bedroom and into bed. My husband was out in his recliner too. He said he woke up at 10pm and was all alone LOL so he came to bed. I did not wake till he woke me heading out to work this morning. And I feel like I have been on a 3 day drunk (well I have never been on one of those but you get my drift LOL)
So I am scared to eat any more of it!! I have all the stuff to make soup with the carcass and leftovers but I am not sure we can stand to be drugged again LOL.

But that is my plan to at some point make soup.
by the way the turkey was a Kroger brand turkey and it was one of the worst turkeys I have ever had it had so little flavor and parts were tuff like it was an old bird. It was super juicy though. I wish I had known I would have injected it at least it would have had some flavor. guess that is why they were giving them away free with a $100 purchase!

o

No leftovers :o)

What was leftover from lunch, my grandson came and inhaled the rest~

o

Sense DH was not feeling well, we stayed home but DD brought the leftovers to us. Nice meal last night and a bit for today.

o

We celebrated Thanksgiving on Wednesday, and made turkey soup for dinner last night. Delicious!

o

I ate at my cousins, so no leftovers. I am getting ready to bake a corn casserole and cook up some cranberries.

o

Turkey is not a favorite of mine at all. The side dishes yes.I look forward to making a piping hot turkey sandwich,, with delicious homemade gravy and stuffing tonight for dinner.

o

no left overs for us. But when we do have leftovers, a
turkey sandwich is THE best!

o

Yesterday I made a crustless quiche to eat for breakfast with some of my leftover ham. I froze some of it and most of the turkey. Going to make ham & beans and turkey soup.

o

We had Glenda's white chili last night for supper, using turkey breast instead of chicken.

Moni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here