Posted by susie53 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 23, 12 at 13:07

Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels

1 16 oz bag of pretzel twists
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat over to 300 degrees.
Pour pretzels in a large bowl. Pour vegetable oil on and toss. Mix the sugar and cinnamom together and sprinkle on top and toss again. Bake for 30 minutes, removing twice to stir..

I made these yesterday for Thanksgiving and everyone loved them. I actually used 2 9" X 13" pans to make it easier to stir.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels

I made those not too long ago and everyone loved them.

o

Thanks Susie for the recipe, I will try those.

Sue

o

Here is another recipe using pretzels that everyone loves...

Pecan Pie....(Faux)

Ingredients

Filling
4 Eggs
1-1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
Deep Dish Pie Shell, unbaked
Topping
1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels
3 T butter, melted
2 T sugar

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350.
For Filling:Place first five ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix with wire whisk until well combined.
Pour into pie shell.
Combine all topping ingredients in medium bowl and stir well with a spoon to coat pretzels.
Sprinkle topping evenly over pie.
Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour, covering with foil after 30 minutes to prevent over browning.
Allow to cool completely before serving. Can be made a day or two ahead of time and stored in refrigerator.

Until I told them no one knew the difference and a couple even asked how I got that occasional little salty touch...Ha Ha its a special trick that I can't divulge...

o

I am copying this recipe too Ruthie. It sounds really good.

Sue

o

Susie, I posted that recipe a while back on the Recipe thread. Glenda made it--good to hear to good reviews. I haven't actually made it but saw it on Pinterest--is that where you saw it?

o

I didn't see when you posted it, Patti. I found it in an older cookbook. I'm making them for our big family gathering. A bag goes a long way, too.

I'm going to try Ruthie's recipe, too. Sounds yummy......

o

Susie, the person who posted it said she just used 1/2 bag of pretzels. I looked at the bag and thought it didn't look that big to me. Suppose I could freeze some for later?

Yes Ruthie, your recipe sounds delicious. A lot less $$ than using pecans, too. Where we live they're $8.99 a pound. Yikes!!

o

Another good one is the Pumpkin Pie Chex Mix....can't remember who posted it though.

o

I don't know about freezing pretzels. Maybe someone here has done it. Anyone? If you keep them in an airtight container they will keep for quite a while. I used a whole 1 pound bag.

o

Are pretzel twists the long straight pretzel pieces that are sort of braided or the regular thin pretzels?

o

The smaller braided ones.

o

Yes, you can freeze pretzels. My mother always kept her pretzels in the freezer.

o

Well, I couldn't find twists, so I bought the little 1 1/2" square pretzels to try. Thought I would bring them up to my 3 and 5 year old grandsons this week.

o

I made them and took them to the church dinner this Sunday and everyone liked them. They are good.

Sue

o

I just finished making the pretzels to take up to the grandsons tomorrow. I used the square waffle shapes, and it sure seemed like it was way too much oil and sugar. I still have not tasted them, but if I make them again, I will halve the oil and sugar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here