Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bad Timing for Insurance Claim

Posted by chisue (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 12 at 13:00

Our problem is a nit compared to people with damage from Sandy, but I can't begin to guess when our broadsided car will be repaired. (Accident Oct. 20.)

Our at-fault driver is insured by Chubb Group. The adjuster sounds exhausted. She says I need to talk to the auto body repair shop. They say they can't proceed without approval of another $1K of work until they hear from the Chubb Group's estimator, Claims Solutions. No word in three days.

I can't reach Claims Solutions -- constant busy signal.

DARN that teen driver anyway!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bad Timing for Insurance Claim

Does your state have an Insurance Commissioner? An e-mail to Chubb might get good results if your message to them is that you are going to make a complaint about the matter to the Insurance Commissioner. I understand many are having issues in the East, but it should not affect your ablity to get your problem solved in your neck of the woods. Do they have a Facebook or Twitter page? I've heard online complaints get quickly resolved.

o
RE: Bad Timing for Insurance Claim

Call your state insurance department and ask what to do. Your agent or the claims adjuster agent from YOUR insurance company should be doing all this, not you. Also your company should fix the car and then collect from the other company. That is the way Allstate handled my claim. I hope this helps and by the way, sending hugs and a big cup of soothing tea to calm your nerves
Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here