Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peanut oil

Posted by grams33 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 12:25

Can anyone help me here? We use peanut oil in our turkey fryer and also to fry doughnuts. Lately it seems as if altho the therm says it is hot enough it doesn't seem to be. Our doughnuts have seemed more greasy. Is it possible that the oil could be losing some heat or doesn't actually get to the temp it records. It has been used several times so is it time to replace it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peanut oil

Before you do anything, it would be a good idea to test your thermometer--if it's off, that could be your problem. However, you cannot use oil forever. It may be time to get some fresh oil.

o

Sounds like you need new oil. The greasy taste is a sure sign.

o

yes it is I am a cook in a restaurant and you can only use it so long then your food starts absorbing the grease and turns it dark a lot faster

o

Curious, could it be the brand also?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here