Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color ink?

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 28, 12 at 12:22

I using a gold and a silver metallic (not mirror finish) envelope for my xmas cards this year. Using blue or black ink to address them just doesn't look right, so I'm trying to think of what color to use. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color ink?

Ink on the outside of the envelope?

I don't get too creative there, I want it easiest for the PO staff/carrier to read. Colored like blue or green, or metallic inks may cause your mail to require hand sorting, could slow it down, even misdirect it. I will almost always go with black even over blue, and if you ask at the PO they will likely tell you black.

o

A black Calligraphy pen would be the best choice there. You don't have to be a calligrapher to get a nice result with one of those. And, of course, you wouldn't want a really fancy, hard-to-read style, anyway.

No color will look as classy as black on the envelopes you describe

o

Black, for sure.

o

Agreeing with black!

o

Ok, I'll try black. You are probably right that it's more important for the Post Office to be able to read it. :) Last year I used a white pen on dark blue (not navy) envelopes. The writing showed up well.

o

What about red? Does your card have any red in it? Red and gold is a pretty combination.

o

Or if you are real talented, and I am NOT, you could use your computer, and make decorated labels. Even use the special labels that are gold or silver or???

o

Red will be harder to read. Black will provide the best contrast.

o

Black please I use labels

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here