SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Hair Loss Slowing -- An Update

chisue
9 years ago

I wrote about excessive hair loss last month. My MD suggested a blood test for iron but refused to order the two additional tests for thyroid that Dorothy_Oahu posted about.

I didn't go to the lab, but but I did start eating two ounces of liver sausage at lunch to boost iron.

When I went to buy Biotin -- another idea from the KT -- I found it in 1,000 mcg pills. Beside that bottle was a same-brand/same-price product containing Biotin, but also several other things. It was labeled "B-Complex with Folic Acid plus Vitamin C". I bought the multi-vitamin product and started taking it three weeks ago.

It provides:

Vitamin C 60 mg
Thiamin 25 mg
Riboflavin 20 mg
Niacin 25 mg
Vitamin B-6 5 mg
Folic Acid 400 mcg
Vitamin B-12 100 mcg
Biotin 1,000 mcg
Pantothenic Acid 5.5 mg

I'm taking this, my liverwurst (LOL), and the same 1,000 IU of D-3 that I've taken for years. (Blood tests have shown a D deficiency.)

My hair has stopped falling out. Even my hairdresser noticed. Maybe I have just finished some kind of normal 'molting', but I've stopped shedding hair with every stroke of the comb. I also feel better -- possibly placebo effect.

A friend tells me his doctor says older people have less stomach acid to break down B-12, and they often need supplements.

Comments (30)