Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Dusty is Gone

Posted by samkaren (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 3, 12 at 11:41

Last night Dh came home early from work so he could spend a little more time with him. We lit a candle and sat with Dusty on our laps. DH kept thinking maybe the vet could do something but we both knew it wasn't to be. Dusty curled up at my feet when I went to bed.

This morning was rough but at 8:30 we took him to the vet. DH said his goodbyes because he did not want to be in the room at the end. I, on the other hand, would not let him be alone. I told the vet what was happening and she said that his kidneys and liver had failed. She gave him a sedative to relax him and then gave me time to say goodbye.

He looked so angleic at the end. I know he met with EKO and they are once again playing.

DH just left because he had promised to help a coworker move and he is bringing home Smokee....a new brother for OKE to love.

Will post photos of them in a few days.

Thank you everyone for your love, hugs and prayers. I am going to go have a good cry now.

SamKaren
your resident DJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Dusty is Gone

I'm so sorry Karen.

o

So sorry, but it was a kind act. Dusty is at peace and is not suffering. I also stayed with my Sheena until she was gone. I figured the least I could do was not let her leave this world with strangers, although they were very, very caring. I was crying and I made everyone else cry, too. It also helped me to see what an easy transition it is. They simply drift off.

It's nice that you are getting a new little friend. Enjoy your new kitty and the good memories of Dusty.

o

Dusty felt your love!

o

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful fur-baby!

o

Remember the love, not the loss alone.

o

Oh, I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to do this having had to make this choice a few years ago. My thoughts are with you and my Julius will also be waiting for Dusty.

o

I'm so sorry.

o

You go right ahead and cry until you just can't anymore. It'll be a release, hopefully.

o

I'm so sorry. Been there, done that, too many times.

o

You have my sincere condolences. We've lost 2 since August, the most recent one last week. I know how much it hurts.

o

(((HUGS)))

o

Hugs here too.

Sue and Izzi too

o

Here come the tears. I feel your pain. I have to say, my last dog just died right in front of me....totally unexpected. My dog before that, I stayed with when the Vet gave her the needle and I must say I found it a comfort to see her go so peacefully. It still takes a lot of grieving. However, even though saying goodbye hurts so much, it doesn't out weigh all those years of joy and unconditional love. Great big hug!

o

As hard as it is to say goodbye, you did the best thing. Animals bear their pain stoically, and we never really know the extent they may be suffering. It is an act of love and kindness to help them along when the time comes.

Good for you, getting a new kitty. It doesn't replace the love you had for Dusty, but giving another cat a home is a wonderful tribute to Dusty. Wishing you many happy years with Smokee.

o

I'm so sorry, but you did right by Dusty. He is at peace. I'm glad you were there with him.

o

I'm so sorry.

I too am glad you stayed with him.

o

(((HUGS))))

o

(((HUGS)))

o

((((((hugs)))))

o

I'm sorry! I know it hurts badly. Hugs for you and DH.

o

So sorry, I know you miss him.

o

I am sorry for your loss, I know for experience it is very hard to let them go.

o

My thoughts are with you, your DH and Dusty. I know how badly it hurts, but Dusty knew how much you loved him - he knows how much pleasure he brought you, and knows you will never forget him.

o

I'm so sorry for your loss.

o

Hugs from me, too.
And pls give OKE a little scratch behind the ears for me. It might take that one a bit of time to adjust, even with a new sibling.

o

Glad you have other kitties to love. A new one is a good tonic.

o

I am so sorry. I could read the posts because it is so heartbreaking to lose a pet. My dog is almost 15 years old and I just dread the day. I lost acat a few months ago and it was hard.

Anne

o

So very sorry.

o

I am sooo very sorry Karen! I know how much you loved your kitties ((Karen)))...try to focus on the good stuff and the fact you guys were AWESOME pet parents! I just know you will be again :-) ~ liz

o

Thank you everyone. Your kind words really help. We didn't get smokee Saturday though. Couldn't get ahold of the owner. Right now I'm not sure if we will take him or not. Waiting a while until it all sinks in. Will keep you posted
Samkaren
Your resident dj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here