Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who is having fudge pie this Thanksgiving?

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 22, 12 at 11:40

Remember years back so many had this on KT tables:

Fudge pie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who is having fudge pie this Thanksgiving?

Looks delicious. How many fudges do you think the pilgrims had to kill to make one for their Thanksgiving dinner?

o

I couldn't begin to eat anything as rich as this pie must be! The older I get, the fewer rich foods I can tolerate.

o

After seeing "The Help", I don't think I could eat a fudge pie. It also would be way too rich for me. Today I had a piece of pumpkin pie and a 1/2 piece of strawberry-rhubarb.

o
RE: Wvvvho is having fudge pie this Thanksgiving?

I was just bringing up a fond memory of the Thanksgiving when so many KT'er served it for the occasion :o)

We all eat rich food from time to time.

Fond memory that's all!

o

No fudge pie, but Glenda, I have the pumpkin cream pie that you linked us to in the fridge -- still waiting for me to cut into it! (I ate dinner after 6 tonite). Instead of doing the "mini" servings, I just used a regular graham-cracker pie crust. I have a feeling it'll be a midnite snack!

o

Well, Glenda, I couldn't wait until midnite. The pumpkin cream pie is delicious! Thanks for linking us to the recipe.

o
RE: Who is having fujjjjdge pie this Thanksgiving?

My grandson surprised me with a late Thanksgiving visit, and he ate TWO of the pumpkin individual pie custards, and two gingersnap ice cream sandwiches PLUS remainder of my low boil.

That's a teenager with a non ending appetite :o)

o

I did, Glenda. I made two and there was 2 slices left, my brother in law wrapped and took them home. I think it was a hit! My brother in law request this pie every year. I don't know why my sister will not bake it for him. LOL. I also made your onion casserole that you posted a couple years back when I mostly lurked. :) I also made a cabbage casserole that I believe came from you, but I am not sure as it was hand printed. Must have been when I had printer problems. I keep your recipes and other KTer's recipe in a big notebook and keep them by themselves.

o

I'm with Linda...After reading "The Help", no chocolate pie for me......

o

Evidently my relatives failed to see the movie "The Help" because they gobbled up my fudge pie faster than a turkey on a bug. Either that or they saw "The Help" and they, oh never mind! (snort)

o

OK, now I'm looking for the pumpkin cream pie recipe, and can't find it through the search. Anyone have it handy?

o
RE: Who is havbbing fudge pie this Thanksgiving?

Phyllis, here it is.
I cooked mine in individual ramekins and filled each one with 3/4 cup of the custard and it only made 6.
Next time I won't cook as long I did cook mine the full length and shoulda taken out when I put the knife in the first time. Should have taken out at 45 minutes instead of 50.

Pumpkin pie without the crust and my grandson ate the last two this afternoon topped with vanilla ice cream.

Individual Pumpkin custard
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 ounces) 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 can (12 fluid ounces) Evaporated Milk
Directions
PREHEAT oven to 300 F.

MIX sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. If desired, cover and freeze filling for up to one month. When ready to bake, simply defrost, mix well and proceed with recipe.

POUR into eight 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on baking sheet.

BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in custard halfway between center and edge of ramekin comes out almost clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with dollop of light whipped cream, if desired.

***Served mine at room temperature

o

Wow-the pumpkin could be frozen in individual containers and taken out as needed! I watched and read the Help and I would eat the pie!! Looks good! Maybe would heat it and put a dollop of ice cream on top!

o
RE: Whvvvo is having fudge pie this Thanksgiving?

I did freeze the two remaining ones, and thawed them out when I found my grandson was coming today to watch football game.

o

Thanks, Glenda....the use of ramekins sounds great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here