Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
patti43: Mr Food's Recipe of the Day, lookie

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 12 at 11:26

Pumpkin Spice Roll

Our Test Kitchen shares the easy secret to rolling up a sheet cake jelly-roll style into this yummy Pumpkin Spice Roll. The creamy filling swirls contrasted with the pumpkin-colored cake make for an eye-catching autumn dessert!

Serves: 8

Preparation Time:5 min

Cooking Time:15 min

What You'll Need:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pumpkin puree
3 eggs
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

What To Do:
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
2.In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in pumpkin and eggs. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly.
3.Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and invert onto a clean kitchen towel that has been sprinkled with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. While cake is still hot, roll it up in the towel jelly roll-style from the narrow end; cool on a wire rack. When cool, unroll cake and remove towel.
4.In a small bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and remaining confectioners' sugar. Spread onto cooled cake and immediately re-roll (without towel). Place on serving platter and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into slices just before serving.

Notes
To give this the final touch, sprinkle on some confectioners' sugar just before serving.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: patti43: Mr Food's Recipe of the Day, lookie

Looks good, Glenda, but I love to know how anyone can prep this in 5 minutes! :)

o
RE: patti43: Mr Focccod's Recipe of the Day, lookie

Guess you'll have to ask the cooks at Mr Food, lol.

o
RE: patti43: Mr Foobbbbd's Recipe of the Day, lookie

for patti

o
RE: patti43: Mr Food's Recipe of the Day, lookie

Mmmm, very close to my late MIL's! I've been thinking about trying it. DD makes her grandmother's recipe every year. Guess after 30 years I aught to try it.

Tami

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here