Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanksgiving 2002

Posted by minnie_tx (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 12 at 10:54

I want to share with you what happened to me in 2002.
Well, I went to Cracker Barrel and had a nice dinner. Turkey, ham, dressing potatoes etc. Three older people came in after me and sat at a nearby table. We struck up a conversation and chatted a bit.They left before me and I waited and waited for my check. Finally my waitress came by and told me that that table had picked up my check. I couldn't believe it! What a surprise and the waitresses were all surprised too.
I saw them just leaving in the parking lot and went over and thanked them and we exchanged hugs etc. They were on their way back home south of San Antonio.
We joked about you can always tell a Texan etc.
Wasn't that a nice thing for someone to do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanksgiving 2002

Very nice.

o

Minnie, now that story puts me in the holiday spirit. Random acts of kindness are the best kind ever. Bet you smiled the rest of the day.

o

You musta made a great impression on them older folks!

o

What a nice thing to do!

o

That's a heartwarming story! DH & I live pretty close to a large Marine base. We sometimes see a young Marine out with his date & will pick up the check or pay for their drinks. We've also bought drinks for 2-3 Marines out together. We always tell the server to tell them that we appreciate their service.

o

Nice story. The only Cracker Barrel left in the state is probably about 50 miles from me. Never been to one before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here