SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhizo_1

What are your T'giving Day plans?

It'll just be the two of us this year, so nothing too extravagant.

We are going to cook the turkey on the Weber, over coals (Kingsford Competition style....no bad fumes/taste) and add some apple and cherry wood for a sweet smoke. I haven't decided what to stuff the cavity with.......onions, lemons, any suggestions?

Kasha dressing, mashed potatoes/rutabaga, roasted Brussels sprouts, something with green beans (probably). Robert has requested a veggie casserole of some kind (the beans) so I'll make a creamy cheese sauce with sauteed onions and mushrooms, topped with a crunchy topping. Oh, I bought a big turkey leg to help make a good gravy with the rest of the 'innards'.

I'll make a cranberry/apple relish, a must. I'll make some dinner rolls today, cloverleaf style because they're so pretty and I'm sharing with my next door neighbors.

Can't get excited about dessert myself and neither of us like pie. Maybe a frozen pumpkin mousse or apple something.

It'll be a quiet day; Robert will moniter the Weber and help chop. We'll take turns choosing music and he will want to watch some games, but that's not a priority in our home.

What's on your agenda for the holiday?

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations