Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bobcat Pictures On Our Property

Posted by susie53 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 9:49

I hope this works. This is a picture of a Mom Bobcat and her two little ones on our property. My hubby got the picture on his field camera.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bobcat Pictures On Our Property

is this in IN?? what parts? i grew up in NW IN Lake Co, East Chicago-Munster ~ liz

o

Yes, in the southern part. Just out of French Lick in Orange County.

o

Do you see them often? I've never seen one, although they're around here. They must keep a low profile.

o

Larry sees them often. He has had them run across the road in front of him. This is the first time he has seen one with young ones. Last winter he was trapping coyotes and caught one. He videoed them releasing it. The coyotes are really causing a lot of damage and there are tons of them.

o

VERY COOL!!!

o

We have them here, but seldom see them. It is always a treat for me to see one.

o

Good picture, thanks for sharing.

o

There are sightings where I live, Lake County, IL. The local wildlife center has a bobcat named "Boris". I believe he was a rescued kit who is too tame to be set loose.

We could actually use a few coyotes -- after having too many for several years. This summer we were overrun with rabbits and other small 'varmints'.

o

Cool, three of them!

I see them every so often on my local hikes but only one at a time, never a family.

They are so used to people around here some are raising their litters in backyards.

I came upon one standing on a trail I was hiking. It was about 40 feet away. When it saw me, it sat right in the middle of the trail for about two minutes and then got up and walked off into the brush.

The camera I had with me at the time was brand new and I had only spent about 20 mins with it. I managed to goober up all the settings so my photos of the cat were a little blurry.

Jodi-

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here