Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great recipe accident!

Posted by salgal (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 7, 12 at 9:49

Last night I was making some pasta with sausage, mushrooms and onions.
I was going to throw in a can of mushroom soup, but was out.
I did have a container of Campbells Kettle style mushroom bisque. I never tried it before, but throwing caution to the wind I dumped the whole container.

Oh my goodness! That was a hit for dinner. I think I might use that soup to make an easy chicken marsala this weekend.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great recipe accident!

I've never seen that product! I should start opening my eyes while in the grocery store! lol

Improvising makes the best meals. My dh is always leery when I follow a recipe; he likes my "experiments" much better!

o

I have never seen it either and I just recently went down the soup aisle with much care looking for cream of onion soup which some stores carry some don't and I would have seen that for sure. Maybe it is just a test product in certain regions.
What state are you in?
that is not a refrigerated product is it? It looks like the kind of container that you can heat right in the microwave?

o

well on their site Campbells has several of these kettle soups listed

Here is a link that might be useful: kettle soup

o

How about posting the recipe you made with the kettle soup? Sounds tasty!
Joann

o

Joann...it wasn't really a recipe.

I just browned some sausage with onions and mushrooms and stirred in cooked penne and the soup.
I was going to add a little cheddar cheese, but stopped after I tasted the soup. It has a hint of wine flavor.
When I do it again, I will probably add some peas.

I am anxious to try some other kettle soups.
You do NOT heat in this container. It has to be tranferred to pot or bowl.
I am in PA.

o

Sounds good! My brother once made me a pumpkin pie. He used canned pumpkin and evaporated milk. It was sooo creamy and delicious. I once made fudge on the stove but it burned a little bit. Tasted great-like dark chocolate (bittersweet). Oh I love happy accidents!

o

I am glad your "accident" turned out so well. I did see those soups on the grocery shelves yesterday but did not buy any. I do like mushrooms but do not care for the cream of mushroom soups.

Sue

o

I've never seen it either but I know I would love it, LOL

Deb

o

It says on their website so many people wanted to heat it in the container that they had to provide instructions on how to do that, directions are on the site I linked to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here