SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Been away too long- Happy Thanksgiving

jannie
9 years ago

Second things first. Hope all my fellow KTers have a Happy Thanksgiving. It's really my favorite holiday- all the preparation, cleaning , cooking, shopping, fun. But without presents. No need to shop till I drop, no need to try to find the "perfect" gift for those ungrateful in-laws. Yes, I've been burned too many times with Christmas. But I can always say I like Thanksgiving, Turkey Day. No religion, no gifts, just a clean relatively happy home and a nice meal with family. Hope everyone else here has a good, or at least not a bad time.
I'be had a busy year- biggest event was my thyroid removal surgery in August. It went well, not a lot of pain, and I'm doing okay with the thyroid replacement medication. Biggest disappointment is that my younger (unmarried) daughter is pregnant, baby due next May. I've changed my attitude and now I'm actually looking forward to having a new baby around the house. Today is Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. My preggy daughter and I are preparing the feast together. My older daughter and her BF are attending, as well as the baby-daddy. Back to today- I'm doing a large quick-clean of the house. In October my two daughters did a hoarders- type cleaning intervention. They rented a dumpster, threw away just about everything from my garage and an indoor storage closet. A few "wanted" items got thrown away, but on the whole I am grateful they did this clean-out. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comments (17)