Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gas availability in Conn after Sandy?

Posted by lambsear12 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 9:29

Is there anyone here from Western Conn? I am on Long Island. I passed 10 gas stations on the way to work this morning- all were closed. (4) had lines forming hoping that they would open. I heard about someone who drove to Conn. to fill up car and gas cans. Does anyone know the gas situation in Western Conn?

They said it is supposed to get better here- but progress is achingly slow. I have been without power for a week. We are running a generator and since my office is open and busy, they want me to come in. (I have a 47 mi round trip commute)

Any info would be helpful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gas availability in Conn after Sandy?

Since no one has responded, I'll share this info but I don't know if it covers the area you need info on. Someone on the conversation side of the Home Decorating Forum on GW posted this info called Gas Buddy Sandy - supposed to list where gas is available. She has put alot of info for people who want to help out or get help.

Hope you find what you need to know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here