Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bake & Serve Bread Baskets

Posted by juellie1962 (jellis62@wi.rr.com) on
Fri, Nov 16, 12 at 9:17

So, I was paging through magazines & catalogs that have piled up. In one of them, and I cannot for the life of me think of which one, I saw these cute little bread baskets that you baked quick breads in and then wrap the basket & all in a cello bag to give as gifts.

I know I tore the page out, but have no clue where I put the page. Has anyone seen such a thing?? I love giving little breads for gifts and these were cute.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bake & Serve Bread Baskets

Juellie, I haven't seen the magazine you are talking about. However, I don't think I would bake bread in a basket. I would bake it in something the same size if I wanted it to fit a specific size item, but not IN a basket. I weave baskets, and I know the chemicals they process the reed with are something I would not want food in contact with. I always line a basket with a paper towel or cloth, or even plastic wrap before putting food in them.

Hope you find the article, tho. I would be interested in seeing it.

Tami

o

I have recently seen "baking pans" which are some sort of paper with a basketweave design aound the outside. They were in different sizes and made to bake and give. I am almost positive this was at Marshall's. Hope this helps. Satine

o

I sure hope you find that article I was thinkin we bake in paper all the time like cupcake liners did a goodle and found thse do the colired ones look like what you might have seen??
hope so nice idea especially if you are "known" for your baking

Here is a link that might be useful: Paper Baking Products : Cake Pans : Sur La Table

o

sorry forgot to post my spelling corrections

o

Did you find what you were looking for? My only concern would be the bread getting stale if it weren't wrapped tightly. I think I'd wrap the loaf and put in a basket. Could add other goodies with it and wrap the whole thing up.

o

The ones I linked are cute, even though they're not baskets. I searched "disposable bread pans", got quite a few hits.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pans

o

Thank you everyone for the help! None of them are exactly it, and I didn't find the page I ripped out, but woodsy1, the link to Amazon you provided is the closest. The regular sized ones are out of stock, but the small loaf ones are in stock and perfect for gift giving. Thank you again everyone, hope I can return the favor someday.

o

I did a google.com search for 'small, disposable bread baskets', then clicked on 'images' - found tons of possibilities:

https://www.google.com/search?q=small,+disposable+bread+baskets&rlz=1C1PRFB_enUS497US497&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D14&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=x5CqUI2gJJOm9gSKnYCgCw&biw=930&bih=593&sei=-pCqUKbuFork9ATbqYGIDQ

Here is a link that might be useful: Images of disposable bread baskets

o

Could it be King Arthur Flour?

Here is a link that might be useful: Bake and Give

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here