Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TGIF-any weekend plans?

Posted by satine (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 12 at 9:05

I guess some of you will be preparing for the holiday with shopping, cleaning etc. I will be having dinner at my daughters home so Im doing little preparation. Im going to a "barn sale" tomorrow and Im anxious to see what treasures I might find. Sunday I may do a little baking and Monday Im driving into pa to see my daughter and spend a few days with my sister and brother in law. Hope everyone has some time carved out for something pleasant to do. Satine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TGIF-any weekend plans?

Looking forward to sleeping till 7 or so. Saturday we are splitting the last of some well seasoned black walnut wood and chopping down a few more trees to season up for next year. Sunday I am putting up the tree and doing some decorating so I don't have to spend my time doing it over the Thanksgiving weekend.

o

Tonight I am going to the high school musical. They are doing "Oklahoma". Tomorrow we have a wedding for some good friend's son. Sunday I am going to watch football and knit! :) Been a while since I had two activities in one weekend. LOL

o

ds1 asked if we'd drive over to see dgds play indoor soccer sunday, so are planning to do sunday shopping tomorrow...will do costco early am weds, again, for their sinful pumpkin pie...we are responsible for one pie and rolls, for dinner thurs..

sure glad the game is inside!

o

Weather permitting-- I hope to get my outdoor white lights placed in my trees. I decorate about 10 tall exterior trees with lights each year.

o

DD #1 has a soccer tournament this weekend, Sat & Sun. Should be a great weekend weather-wise, but I wish weren't tied up with soccer all weekend.

I am hosting dinner on Thursday, but I would rather wait until the weekend rush is done to hit the grocery stores. I can go Monday morning.

o

I did my holiday food shopping today. Have to work this weekend but will have 5 days off after that. I'll be dreading he following week, however, because I let them change Monday for a Saturday next week to accomodate (sp?) someone else's schedule. So, will be working five almost in a row...one day off in between.

o

Possibly go to church on Sunday but the rest of the time I will most likely be working getting ready for Thanksgiving. So much to do around here.

Sue

o

I have enlisted my grand son to help me put up Christmas lights, won"t be turning them on till the first of Dec., but taking advantage of what is supposed to be some nice weather...

o

Our local little theater group is putting on The Odd Couple so I'm going to se that with some lady friends and then we'll go for an early dinner tomorrow. Sunday I'm going to make some dinner rolls and freeze them for Thanksgiving and might make some Manhattan clam chowder for the freezer, too. That's it.

o

With DH still recouperating from his surgery, we'll be spending a fairly quiet weekend. Will run to the grocery store this morning. DD is coming down for the day. Then tomorrow, we'll probably just hang around the house. I may run down to the mall for a few mintues, to grab some Christmas decorations that are on sale, but not much else. May try to encourage DH to get out and maybe go someplace for lunch.

o

DH is working his one weekend a month this weekend. I will be going to a yarn shop about 45 minutes away with the knitting circle for a field trip today. Tomorrow? Who knows?! We generally don't make big plans, just do whatever we feel like when we get up in the morning.

o

Attending a Madrigal Dinner tonight. Love Madrigals, the music, songs, costumes, and food. Even tho the venue is small they do a very good job. A little earlier than I prefer, I like something much closer to Christmas but am looking forward to it.

o

Today, college football, then grocery shopping, then dinner. Tomorrow, cleaning part of the house. Monday, I'll finish cleaning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here