Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cobbler aprons

Posted by lindalou (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 8:37

i am such a slop in the kitchen and have ruined so many blouses that i have decided to buy some cobbler aprons. any ideas of where i can order some that won't cost me an arm and a leg???? tia :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cobbler aprons

I buy aprons at Hobby Lobby. They are cheap enough to toss when they get too stained. You can order online if you don't have one near you, link is below. They have a $2.50 shipping deal going on through Saturday. I can't find a code in the email, so I assume you don't need one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aprons

o

I sew my own aprons with denim. Stains don't show and I throw them in the laundry with my jeans.

Amazon has lots of inexpensive cobbler aprons.

o

There are many web sites specializing in aprons of all kinds. All of the places that sell chef aprons, also feature cobbler aprons. I like chef aprons, myself.

o

WalMart. I like just plain old aprons that cover up the front well and have front pockets.

I am a messy person - I wear one everyday.

o

Yard sales.

o

I bought from Amazon.com. I believe they were around $10.

o

I bought some at Hobby Lobby a few years ago. It was a package of 3 white bib top aprons. I like the white ones because you can bleach them if necessary.

o

thanks, everyone. i don't have a hobby lobby nearby but i am going to a c moore tomorrow and will check there. i saw some on ebay and amazon, also.

o

Walmart has bib aprons also in the craft section. At least mine do.

o

Not because I am so neat, but because I am so messy, I wear an apron anytime I'm working in the kitchen, even if it is just to make myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Can't stand wet or sticky hands. I finally wore out the ones I had over the years. I bought a yard or so of rather heavy terry cloth and my DD made me a waist band/tie apron that comes almost to my knees. I love it because I can dry my hands, pick up hot pans, splash around at the sink and keep my clothes clean. Throw it in the washer/dryer and it's ready to go again.

Years ago here at the KT, pinnies became a topic of conversation. Maybe some of the old members will remember that. Pinnie is short for pinafore, which tells you something about the style.

Sue

o

Why not get an apron that your own message on it? I have sent these as gifts a lot of times.

Here is a link that might be useful: cool aprons

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here